Chapter 21

Camila's POV

I hadn't spoken Spanish this much in years. But oddly enough, it felt really damn good.

While in Havana for Giorgio and I's vow renewal, he, the kids, and I rented a nice room at the Hotel Inglaterra... somewhere I always wanted to stay in for the longest time. And waking up every morning to look out at my beautiful Havana was magical. I never thought I'd be so happy to see this place again.

For the past couple of days here, I took my family out, showing them around from where I used to live and hang out to going on tours of the art museums and cigar factories. My favorite part was of course the ceremony itself held in the beautiful Havana Cathedral. I wasn't religious or anything but I still loved the place and it seemed to please the Cabellos and their Catholic faith. I wore a simple white dress that I designed myself, Giorgio wore one of his favorite tuxedos while our kids wore outfits that we both designed together. It was all so beautiful and listening to my husband speak the dearest, most beautiful vows to me was worth while.

But another great factor was that not only his whole side of the family attended but also some of my cousins and their own families who lived here as well. I without a doubt cried my eyes out upon seeing them for the first time in over a decade as they did the same.

"Look at you, Karla! You're so grown and beautiful!" my cousin, Mariana, who I was closest with from childhood cheered in Spanish.

Wiping my tears as I looked at her gorgeous face, "You too, Mariana. I've miss you so much."

We hugged and caught up on life for what seemed like hours, including the rest of my cousins from my mother's side, Catalina, Ana, and Álex. It was crazy to think how we were either nearing our 30s or well into them, making us realize how damn old we were getting and that we'd been out of touch for way too long. I mean, they had no idea I was married and had children and I didn't know they were married with kids either. They were basically cut off from outside of Cuba and had no way to contact me.

But that was going to change. I was going to help them out of here.

After our reception at the hotel that filled me with so much joy just by being around my loved ones, Giorgio and I took the rest of the day off with our kids. Visiting the beach and then the Malecón, we walked along the seawall, reflecting how blessed my family and I were right now. I didn't think we ever had such a nice time together before this. It finally felt like I had the family I've always dreamed of. Just me, my husband, and three darling angels... all healthy, happy and just perfect.

"I love this place," Giorgio said as we walked and held hands. he kids in front of us, walking one of my cousin's dog.

"I told you you would," I smiled up at him. "Especially right here. It's unbelievably romantic." The waves crashed on the shore underneath the beautiful sunset and it was nothing but a peaceful, romance movie vibe.

"The sky and water are breathtaking. Why'd you move out?" he smirked, putting a cigar between hip lips.

"You should know why... and it's not like I had a choice. I was like five," I slowed down my steps to admire his gaze.

"Guys, slow down for a second," he told the kids and took my hand to kiss the top of it. "I know why. But seeing you so happy here makes me super happy too and not want to leave."

I chuckled, "Then we should come back more often."

"We will," he stated. "We'll do whatever you'd like and I'll always be there."

"That a promise?" my brows raised.

"Of course, Camila. We're starting new. I made new vows, I'm different now," he said, locking eyes with me. "No more bad, crazy, drug addict Giorgio. I'm recovered and here with you and our children for as long as I live."