Chapter 32

Camila's POV

".....Mom?!" I shrieked at the woman who looked exactly my mother. Well, a little older now with dark, longer hair, but I literally couldn't believe my eyes. Did I die and go to heaven?! Or wherever the hell you go after you die?

"Yes, Camila... finally," she stepped closer while I stumbled back on the ground, freaking the fuck out.

"No, you aren't her! That's impossible!" I trembled at her worried face.

"It's me. It's really me. This is all real," she frowned, holding her hands up. "I'm Sinuhe... your mother."

"Don't come closer," I took more steps back at this sick joke. "My mother's dead. She's buried in the ground right there!" tears pooled in my eyes as I pointed to her grave.

She took a deep breath and nodded, "There's an explanation for that. But clearly I'm not dead."

And now I was full on sobbing, kneeling down in the grass due to my heart shattering for the millionth time that day. This couldn't be happening. Someone was pranking me. Of course today on the worst day of my life. What even was my life?

"...Karla?" the woman who I still didn't believe to be Sinuhe Estrabao spoke. "I understand this is a lot to take in right now."

I had to pinch myself multiple times to wake up from this intense nightmare. Yes, a nightmare since the idea of someone trying to convince me that my mother was alive made me nauseous and completely broken. I had trust issues before but now this was pushing it.

"Who really are you?" I questioned, wanting to cut the bullshit.

"I told you... Sinuhe Estrabao. And you are my beautiful daughter, Karla Camila Cabello." Standing up, I studied her eyes and all her features that I could still remember to a T from a decade ago.

"You're not fucking with me, are you?" I mumbled, crossing my arms.

"Absolutely not," she whispered. "Oh, wait. Here," she stepped near me and handed me something out of her back pocket.

I took it which appeared to be her identification. And there it read her full name, correct date of birth (only 18 years older than me), but a different address from where we used to live. "You moved?" I handed it back.

"Yes, I live right over there now. I could see you from my bedroom window," she pointed to the apartment complex a few yards away. "But I know you, Camila, and you know me. I'm your mother. I had you March 3, 1989 in Havana, Cuba with your father, Alejandro. Please, believe me."

I shook my head, looking back at her glossy, hopeful eyes and pleading, folded hands. So... she was truly my mother... this wasn't the afterlife or a prank? I slowly inched closer to reach out for her hand that she let me hold. And the feeling of the touch was something that couldn't ever be fake. I remembered it all too well.

It was her.

"...How?" I gasped, taking both of her shaking hands. "How is this even real? I can't bel-"

"Let me explain everything to you inside. You can sit down, have some iced tea and it'll make sense," she said before pulling me into a bear hug.

I immediately hugged back so tightly, completely falling a part in her arms. This was my mother. My alive and well mother! My mother who I thought had been dead for last 10 years. But she was here, physically hugging and comforting me in a way I missed so much. Oh god, I missed this, thinking it'd never happen again. This was without a doubt one of the best things that'd ever happened in my life. And if this was a dream, I truly wouldn't know how to live with myself anymore.