Chapter 4

It had been almost two weeks after my check up that I started feeling nauseous, I got ready for my 8 o'clock class but just as I was about to throw on my jacket, I rushed to the toilet and threw up last night's pizza.

"Gross Blaire, that's the second time just this morning" she gagged as she still loyally pulled my hair back "Maybe you're starting a cold"

"They never hit me this hard" I murmur and spit the disgusting taste of vomit down the toilet and flush.

"You don't look well," she frowned "Maybe you should stay in and then we can head over to the hospital after ny class"

I did not have the will power to argue with her so I nodded, needing some sleep anyway but i was definitely not liking this fever.

"It'll be fine," she assured, grabbing her bag, "I'll have my cell phone on vibrate in my pocket in case you need me and I'll rush right over"

I smiled, "What would I do without you?"

"Probably marry an ugly guy but thankfully I am here to stop you" she chirped.

"What?"

"What?" She repeated and I scowled but she had already retreated to the door. "Bye, I love you loser"

"I love you too" I murmur, rolling my eyes.

In the afternoon, Anna had walked in on me crying, seated on the floor facing the tv with a tub of ice cream in my hand.

"holy potato, what's wrong?" She had dropped her things and scooted closer to me.

"Vin-Vincent... H-he he cheated on Stacy! After all that she had given up for him" I hiccuped, throwing my hands dramatically in the air.

"And what's worse is he didn't even have the decency to apologize and now she's pre-pregnant with his baby and won't tell him, why won't you tell him Stacy?!" I yelled at the tv, throwing my spoon at it, luckily it was plastic.

Anna looked at me as if I had grown a second head. "okay lets get you to bed, you've watched enough"

"But Stacy needs me," I screech but I let her drag me nevertheless, for some reason it felt like I was the one being cheated on and I did not like it.

"Hey, calm down, it was just a movie okay?" Anna said, brushing my hair off my face.

She hauled me to my room and set me on my bed, she sang in a hush tone and told me it was alright.

And as if that was the only reassurance I needed, I fell into a dreamless sleep.

It was nearly nightfall when I had woken up again and I could smell something in the kitchen, cooking.

Oh no, Anna was cooking, as in she switched on a stove, she's going to burn our kitchen!

I rushed out of bed and hurried to the kitchen, not caring what I currently had on.

"What are you doing out of bed," she smiled, stirring something in,a pot and my eyes widened.

"What are you doing in the kitchen, cooking," I shot her a pointed look and she chuckled nervously, clearly remembering the last time she had tried to "cook" something.

Apparently because of my concern of the kitchen and my and the house's well being, I had not noticed that there was someone else in the room.

I turned my head to the man rummaging through our fridge and I shrieked.

"Who the hell are you?" I yelled, trying to cover my shorts with my hands but gave up in frustration.

The stranger scratched his neck nervously. "H-hi, I am Pete,"

"Pete?" I asked, widening my eyes a bit, what was Anna's fling doing in our kitchen?

"Yes, I am Anna's uh friend," he scratched his neck again and it irritated me for some reason. "She called me to make you some soup."

I turned to my guilty best friend and she just shrugged. "I didn't want to leave you alone so I called Pete,"

"Thank you Pete, sorry for the trouble," I smiled at the brown haired model, damn my best friend picks them right.

"Okay stop checking out the mysterious stranger and be angry!" The voice said to me again.

"You could've told me, besides i am fine now," I sigh, It was as if I had not been sick just a few hours ago, but Anna wasn't buying it.

"Bullocks," she put her hand up before I could scold her use of words. "Just go watch tv or something, we're fine here okay? Plus Pete came all this way, the least you could do is eat his food"

She knew that would sell it and I sighed once more and complied, not wanting to offend the model like guy's food.

"How long do you thing it will take?" I asked, suddenly feeling hungry and she smiled turning to Pete and once again he scratched his neck.

"Five minutes," he shrugged and I decided to drop it and went to go sit down.

They took more than five minutes in there