Chapter 25

Have you ever felt like everything was coming down on you at once? That's how I felt the last time I'd seen my ex boyfriend. I had just told my parents I didn't want anything to do with their money and was going to try to make it on my own.

I left their house with my heart pounding and a huge sense of pride, I was proud of myself for finally standing up to them, it was long overdue. I remember driving to his apartment with a smile on my face, ready to tell him I was ready to move in with him. I finally felt as if I was moving forward and at this rate, no one could stop me. 

Dallas's house was a 20 minute drive from mine and surprisingly the smile had not faded. I opened the door which was for once locked and I smiled again, cause I thought he finally listened to my warnings of leaving the door unlocked.

Dallas was always such a clean freak and his apartment was a reflection of that, almost as if it is used in commercials. I made my way to his room hoping to surprise him and moved stealthily.

He was sitting at the edge of his bed in the middle of the afternoon, shirtless and in his boxers and when he saw me enter, he jumped up in panic.

"What the hell are you doing here?" He whispered and I raised my eyebrows confused, I usually come over unannounced.

He shoves me out of the room and closes the door. "I just mean," he takes a breath, "aren't you supposed to be at your parents?".

I am naive, not overly stupid.

"Is there someone in there?" I asked, more softer than I had initially practiced in my head, I meant to sound more stern. I push against him, surprising myself and him with my courage, and open the door and she had just come out of the shower.

She was breathtaking, the kind you thought only existed in a picture. Even in just a towel, she had this radiance and it that just made it worse. She was everything I was not and she was sleeping with my boyfriend. She finally glanced up and casually nodded her head in acknowledgement, like this was a normal scenario.

"Sarah, could you please leave," Dallas finally spoke up and she swayed passed my shocked self, grabbing her clothes which were on the floor on the way.

Why wasn't I speaking up? Yelling? Throwing things around the room, throwing her around the room. It was only when she closed the door that my body gave in to the ground and hot tears rolled down my face.

Dalla joined me on the floor and wrapped his arms around my shaking body and I let him. He hurt me and I let him comfort me, I felt so pathetic.

"Why?" I finally managed to choke out. He was the one that gave me the confidence to finally speak up to my parents. He was the one that suggested we move in together. He was the one that pushed the idea of a future together. My heart broke with every thought and I couldn't control the sobbing.

"I made a mistake Blaire, I am sorry," he whispered against my neck, "you can't blame me though"

"Excuse me?"

"I love you Blaire," he said, "but you refused"

"Refused what?!," I finally yell out before realising what he meant by refusing.

"So you cheated on me because I wouldn't have sex with you?!," I yelled out, shaking with anger, "I told you I wasn't ready and you said you were okay with that!"

"I was... then," he sighed and stood up. He sat on the edge of his bed and buried his face in his hands. When he did that, it signified that the argument was over and there was no continuing it. But this time instead of sitting next to him and wrapping my arms around his torso, I walked towards the door, surprising the both of us.

"I never want to see you again," I said softly but the message came across. In that moment I almost regretted leaving my family having lost the love of my life too. I was alone for the first time in my life, or was I?

°°°°°°°°

Enjoy😂  I'm on holiday now so expect more updates❤ forgive me. 200+ extra words as an apology☺