Chapter 35

"She's kind of right you know," I tell Sebastian after I wiped the jelly off my tummy and caught him in the waiting area with his head bent low and his hand supporting his head.

"About what?" He asked with a faint smile on his face. He moved aside to create room for me to sit.

"I would not be entirely happy if my fiancée got another woman pregnant, even if it wasn't intentional and they did not have sex," I explained. "It is kind of like you are starting a family without her".

"She tried to inseminate herself without telling me," He counters, "Who does that?"

"Someone who does not want to lose you, obviously."

"Why would she think that?"

"It's not my place," I started carefully. "But, you guys say you are engaged yet I hardly ever see you show her any kind of affection."

He sighed heavily and my heart started pounding so I tried to redeem myself. "Of course many couples do not like to show their affection publicly but that does not mean they do not love each other."

I chuckled nervously and scratched my neck.

"Well," He looked at me and I held in a breath, "I do remember telling you that it was an arranged marriage, Blaire and I were good friends and we loved each other. We figured that eventually, that love would turn into a romantic type of love".

He continued on. "I know arranged marriages are old fashioned but we have both been raised in our family business and knew how important a merger would be, an arranged marriage would make sure there would be no future rivalry between our two companies, it is actually written down on a contract". He chuckles and shakes his head.

"Then my father died and handed the company down to me whether or not I married her and I guess that is when things became clear. I have found a way to survive without needed to merge but Blaire's father's company is not capable of surviving on it's on".

He takes a breath. "That's why I am finding it hard to let go and probably why she wants to go on with the marriage".

He then shudders and looks at me shocked and ashamed. "I am sorry I just dumped all that on you".

"Relax," I smiled and stood up. "For a smart guy, you can be really dense. Blaire might have all these reasons to marry but I am definitely sure that one of those reasons is love. "

"If you love her too, you guys need to have a talk that is long overdue," I said, "Because quite frankly, you are hurting the poor girl and not to mention, causing bad blood between her and I".

And I left to go look for Gavin.

..................................................

While all the drama had been going on Gavin, who was supposed to be here to support me had apparently snuck down to the hospital cafeteria and was enjoying a surprisingly apple pie.

"I got you a muffin," Gavin offered apologetically and I laughed, remembering my new distaste for muffins. "No thanks."

"You know you do not have to get involved in their issues," Gavin commented, finally giving me advice.

"In case you have not noticed," I start, dramatically pointing at my belly, "I am already involved in their issues."

"I just wish they could solve their problems so that we can discuss how to handle life after the baby," Gavin widened his eyes and I continued, "All this bickering is childish and doing nothing to help this baby and honestly, it's kind of selfish. They are treating me like some oven they can leave to handle more important things while stuff is baking."