Chapter 24

We sat in an awkward silence at Gavin's kitchen table, Dallas throwing quick glances at my belly hoping I would not notice, but he was never good at being subtle.

I formed multiple sentences in my head but failed to bring them out. Anna kept looking between us amused and Gavin looked like he was waiting for the ground to swallow him whole.

"Pineapples?" Anna asked, shoving the bowl of pineapples in my direction and Gavin widened his eyes like she attacked me.

"Anna!" He exclaimed, "She can't have pineapples, she's pregnant!"

I couldn't tell if he was mocking me or was simply that concerned for me.

"Oh I read about that," She said, surprising us all, "but it's not a proven fact"

Anna read an article willingly, this was truly a weird day and I didn't like it one bit. We fell into another awkward silence and I got a bit angry that he was ruining my evening even more.

"Why are you here Dallas?" I said harsher than I had intended initially but I wanted him to get the message.

I seemed to have taken him aback by my tone, I never once raised my voice at him. "I just wanted to talk," he said softly.

"Yeah right," Anna rolled her eyes, She was never a fan our relationship, "You never want to 'just talk', there's always more".

"Stay out of this Anna," he hissed, clenching his fists, something he'd always done when things were not going his way.

"Get out," I said blankly, not wanting to deal with him any longer. Gavin and Anna seemed to be surprised at my reaction.

"Lets just talk, just the two of us," He pleaded and a while back I would have complied with his wishes but I as Anna put it, after I broke up with him, I grew some 'balls'.

"Whatever you have to say, you can say it in front of these two," I crossed over my arms to look more serious, even though I knew I was being ridiculous, it was a private matter.

"No thanks," Gavin shuffles out of his own kitchen and Anna shakes her head at me in disbelief before following Gavin.

I turn to look at Dallas, studying his new features. He got a hair cut and I can see more of his face, I always used to say he was shaped like what I would assume a German model during hitler's time looked like. From his blonde hair with soft small curls, his deep blue eyes that send shivers down my spine at a simple glance and his perfectly sculpted body.

I always wondered how I got so lucky until the end when I realized it wasn't luck at all. The silence was now almost deafening and as much as he tried not to show it, he kept glancing at my belly.

"Yes, I'm pregnant," I said, glaring, "stop looking at me like that".

He wiggled his eyebrows in confusion and I could tell he was surprised at my change in behaviour.

"Who is he?" He asked. He sounded a bit jealous but I knew it was only because he thinks I was finally intimate with some one and it was not him.

"That's none of your business," I said because even if I wanted to, how do I even begin to explain how I got this baby?

"I'm moving here next week," he said and I shrugged, cause it didn't bother me until he said,

"I want you back Blaire".

Oh great.

°°°°°°°°°°°°

Kind of a boring chapter but Dallas had to be introduced. Enjoy👑