Chapter 41

Let's keep the votes and comments coming lovely readers!

To the story...

Anna had always been quick at shrugging off her feelings, which is why when, after crying her heart out, she plastered an unconvincing smile the next day and said. "With all this drama going on, we never had time to even go baby shopping."

The subtle suggestion, albeit true, was just another way of her pushing down her emotions by creating a sort of project for her to do. I frowned, knowing that I would eventually give in, which just made me feel like an enabler.

"What about Mia?" I asked.

"I know I am already going to help her, Blaire," she sighed. "But right now I just need a bit of normalcy."

I snorted. "My accidental insemination with a Billionaire's sperm is now the new normal, great."

"We should call Gavin," I said as Anna snickered.

"We should call Sebastian," Anna suggested. "It'll be the cutest thing ever."

I thought back to the awkward conversation we had and grimaced. Then I thought about the date with his aunt that I had canceled and the guilt washed over me even more. Inviting him would make help make amends but I would have to answer his question which was definitely something I did not want to do. I was conflicted, and it was frustrating.

"I still do not have an answer for him," I said.

"What's the big deal?" she asked. "You do not want to live with him, he can take it, and he's a big boy."

I paused and she looked at me questioningly. "Blaire..." she trailed off.

"I know!" I exclaimed exasperated. "Is it so crazy that I want my baby to grow up with both parents in its life?"

"So you are just going to leave me here?" She asked, a slight tremor in her voice.

"No!" I shook my head, shocked at the idea. "You'd come with me of course."

"That is crazy and you know it," She said.

"Is it though?" I asked. "It will be like he is just another roommate."

"Just another roommate?" Anna mocked. "You are crazier than I thought, you just start messes and think you can solve them so easily."

"What is that supposed to mean?" I asked and then I frowned. "Wait do you blame me for what happened...with David?"

She hesitated but I could already tell what her answer was.

"I never meant for that to happen!" I frowned. "And it has nothing to do with the Sebastian situation".

"You wanted to go to a party and then introduced me to David and he ruined my life," she took a breath. "I get humiliated because of him and you suggested we leave our entire lives and move so far away".

"And now," she trembled. "You get pregnant and you want us to uproot our lives –a life that I actually started to like by the way – to live with this guy, all because you think it is what is best for us."

"It was what was best for us Anna," I tried to reason with her.

"It was what was best for you!" she rolled her eyes. "You felt guilty and could not handle that. Did it ever cross your mind that I needed my mum more than I needed you?"

"Anna I was-"

"Selfish," She said. "So if you want to leave and stay with Sebastian, you do that but I am done living your life."