Chapter 30

"I have to tell you something," Anna comes to my room the next morning and jumps on my bed.

"Why are you up before 9?" I raised my eyebrows as she gets comfortable on my bed, looking like she's already bathed.

"I'm having breakfast with Pete," She said and then let's out a huge sigh.

"Things are getting serious between you two huh?" I asked, slamming my laptop down and leaving my barely finished dissertation.

"That's what I want to talk about," she sighs once more, "I think I love him".

She mumbles the last part but I catch every word. If I were having a drink, it would've been all over my clothes but I'm Blaire and I'm awkward so I accidentally choke on air.

"I should break up with him right?" She asked finally, sounding unsure.

"Didn't you just say you loved him?" I laughed, finding this cute.

"Yeah but I don't fall in love, love is boring" she sat up but still stared blankly at the wall. "And love is complicated, I don't do complicated"

"How do I even know he loves me back anyway" she continued, "We both agreed it would just be us having fun and now I've ruined it with feelings".

"A guy who comes to cook for his girlfriend's roommate in the middle of the night, constantly checks up on you, is generally concerned with your well being and always wants to be around you isn't just doing it for fun Anna". I tug her arm to pull her into our usual cuddling position so that I can comfort her.

"He does constantly check up on me," I could feel her smiling now and I almost laughed. "He might love me too".

"Ew you're in love," I said creating a bit of space between us.

"Ew" she scrunched her nose and we both burst out giggling.

"Coming in," Gavin appears out of nowhere and joins our cuddle fest.

"Did you lock the door?" Anna asked me and I shrugged.

"Yeah I did," now in the middle of Gavin and Anna. "I gave him a key".

"Why would you give him a key?" Anna asked, feigning disgust at being so close to Gavin.

"He practically live's here anyway," I grumbled and played with Gavin's ear, "plus he's my ride"

"Wow, I feel so loved," Gavin rolled his eyes.

Someone knocks at the front door and I turn to look at Anna who has smudged her lipstick and looked like she could run a comb through her hair. She managed to ruin her entire outfit in minutes.

"Anna!" I hissed, noticing she wasn't moving, "That's Pete!".

"Holy Guacamole," she sprang off my bed and glanced at her reflection I'm the mirror and I flinched at the sight as much as she did.

She took a wipe off my dresser and removed her makeup before starting to remove the top she had on.

"Hey!" Gavin protested, "Male in the room".

"Well you lack much if not any testosterone for me to notice anyway". Anna joked but Gavin leaped at her trying to stop her from removing the top she had on, something we'd regard as normal. Except to Pete who had appeared on my doorway, it seemed much more intimate and he gaped at two of them then shifted his eyes to me.

"Sorry I knocked and there was no answer," he seemed to be searching for the right words, "plus Anna gave me her key".

"I should go," his eyes suddenly darkened, almost as if he felt betrayed.

"Whoa mate," Gavin released Anna and tried to pitch in, "it's not what it looks like".

Pete however seemed to have made up his mind and left without saying anything else, leaving Anna confused.

"What does it look like?" Anna asked and we just stared at the now half opened door.

****
Boring chapter, forgive me but I'm not gonna post for a while, it's strictly 25 votes for the next chapter.