Chapter 29

"So I'm guessing that means you're planning on keeping it?" Sebastian asks before taking another bunch of chips I'd laid out. We both liked the lightly flavoured one and the Mexican chilli that Anna always forces me to buy remained untouched.

"I mean I never planned on aborting it," I shrugged. "It was only recently that I realized that technically this is also my baby, it might inherit all my awkwardness and that's something I can't imagine letting them handle on their on".

He chuckled at that and nodded his head, so I added, "seriously though, I have grown to love this baby but I know how much it means to you and Blaire so I am willing to compromise".

"You don't have anyone in your life that might find you being pregnant with another man's child weird?," He asked, switching the subject and I decided to let it go.

"Like a boyfriend? No," I laughed as if it were the funniest thing ever.

"How about your parents," he asked and I smiled sadly.

"The relationship between my parents and I is a bit strained and telling them that I'm pregnant would prove to them that they were right and I'd have to move in with them," I replied and after realizing that I'd probably said to much, I  added, "How about your parents? are they thrilled?".

"Well my mother died shortly after giving birth to me so I never really got to know her," he said and I immediately felt bad for asking. " My father died last year but I'm pretty sure he'd have been thrilled, of course he'd have wanted it to be my fiancees baby".

I chuckled nervously, I suddenly felt like I had ruined their perfect life, like I was a plague, destroying any happiness that came near me.

"When do you guys plan on getting married?" I asked, even though I didn't want to know the answer, I hated it but I was growing attached to him. Not in the dramatic 'love at first sight' type of thing but I knew I was going to love him and that made me blush.

"We haven't set a date." He answers and once again switches topics.

"That guy who was at the hospital with you, the day we first met, he's just a friend?" He tried to say it casually, taking a sip of his wine before trying to offer it to me and I raised my eyebrows.

"I was surprised when you brought the wine in the first place," I chuckled. "But surely you know pregnant women can't consume alcohol?"

He blushed furiously and immediately withdrew the wine glass and I laughed.

"The guy at the hospital by the way, is my best friend Gavin." I tell him and take a sip of my water.

"Speak of the devil and he shall appear," Gavin appears out of nowhere and sits on the space next to me, wrapping his arms around me and gives me a big sloppy wet kiss on my cheek. He is drunk, not that he doesn't do that while sober, I catch a whiff of his breath when he yawns and I know something's wrong.

I turn to Sebastian and notice he is eyeing us suspiciously like what I said about not having a boyfriend was just a lie.

"I should get going," Sebastian announces before coughing awkwardly. I stand up to go escort him and place a fleece on Gavin, deciding to deal with him later.

"I had a great time," Sebastian said while leaning on the door, "I'm glad you're carrying my child".

I smile and hug him quickly, "you're not so bad yourself".

He chuckled and scratched his head, "You should come over to our place this weekend for lunch, I'm a pretty decent cook".

"Yeah I would love to get to know Blaire as well," I said, meaning it. He frowns but quickly hides it with a smile.

"Goodnight Blaire".

"Good night Sebastian".
°°°°°°°°
Wanted you guys to get to know Sebastian... now maybe let's get to know the other Blaire.

25 votes for the next chapter to be published, love you guys❤❤