Chapter 22

I sat facing Blaire, big mistake. Her eyes looked at me with so much terrifying intensity I could barely hold it but I couldn't look away, I did not want her to sense any fear.

Her water was placed in front of her and my ice tea in front of me and as if the waiter had felt the tension he quickly left to get our starters.

I caved and decided to pretend to look around.

"Its a nice place," I commented, actually impressed by the matte black- well, everything except the walls which were white.

"Yes it is," She hardly glanced to look at what I was talking about before her eyes were on me again and then she glanced at my stomach.

"And the chandelier is so...,"

"Okay cut the crap Barb, can I call you Barb? Cause this whole Blaire thing is not really working, look where that got us," She rambled, and I immediately regretted making that call.

"Listen, I just want to..."

"I just want to take that baby from your stomach and put it in mine but we can't have what we want, can we?" She smiled, egging me to argue.

"Don't call me Barb," I managed to whisper out, "this was a big mistake."

I grabbed the fancy purse I stole from Anna and fought the urge to remove the heels I had worn. It was then that I realised I wanted to impress Blaire so much, Like high school all over again and I was disgusted with myself.

"You're just a whore," She stood up and placed her arms calmly on the table to draw attention, "pretending you want this baby when really you just want Sebastian's money."

"That's not true," I felt the hot tears slip out of my face, it's not the pregnancy, I was already this emotional.

"Well then why do you want to keep it? That's my baby! It was supposed to be inside of me, it's mine!" She was crying now, but I wasn't so sure it was because of the baby.

By now we seemed to have caught the attention of everyone in the room and I could see the manager making his way toward us.

"I never meant to hurt anyone," I tried to voice out, "this was sprung on me too! I never wanted this to happen, it not about the money!"

"Liar!" She screeched, "you're just a whore! A money hungry, fiancee stealing whore."

Now the most surprising thing happened, the hysterical Blaire was held gently by waiters, She was handed a glass of water and sat nearby to calm down. I was escorted out, a bit rougher than I would have liked and told not to come back, treated like a common prostitute.

°
Somehow I found myself at Gavin's, the little make-up that I had put to look nice, showing all over my face and my heart racing.
It took me a while to muster the strength to even knock, I just sat by the doorstep contemplating so many things at once. Do I keep this baby? Just be a walking womb and then part with it?

It was in that moment, just before he opened the door that I felt a slight kicking on my lower belly and though it was only my stomach affected, I felt a overwhelming sensation in my heart. Sort of like the one you get when you love someone but it felt deeper, like I never wanted to let go and I knew I wouldn't be able to.

°*
So it's been a while but I was finally able to just sit down and write a few chapters, hope you like it.

30 reads and 15 votes for the next chapter to be published🌸

Xx