Chapter 26

As heartbreaking as the whole Dallas situation was, it helped me build a stronger relationship with Anna. With nowhere else to go, having severed ties with my parents and my now ex boyfriend, Anna and her parents welcomed me into their home.

I remember Anna seething with the anger I lacked , she never liked Dallas but she didn't think he'd be capable of cheating on me. She suggested I do a lot of things, like a dramatic makeover or eating myself silly. I just wanted to crawl in her extra bed and cry myself to sleep.

"Maybe we should get an apartment and live together," Anna suggested while we had dinner with her parents one night. As much as they let us have T.v. dinners, they also reserve a few nights to have dinner on the table.

"Yes!" Anna's dad startled us, "No offence Anna honey, we love you, but you need to leave". Anna feigned hurt and clasped her chest in fake pain and we all giggled. Everyone whose met Anna's parents know how much they love her and were probably not one hundred percent sure about letting her go.

The day we moved out, Anna's mum held my hand so tight and begged me to take care of her daughter, it was meant to come off as a joke but I could sense the concern in her voice as well. Ever since then I've been there for Anna but she's been there for me as well.

That is why after the Dallas bombshell, we're cuddled on the couch and she's rubbing my back as I cry to her surprise, I never usually cry, it must be the hormones.

"I could murder him," She announces as my sobbing subsides, "that way, he'll never move here".

"He just made me feel so ugly when he cheated," I hiccup a little.

"You are not ugly," Anna states, "You are gorgeous and he's a jerk who didn't realise what he had".

I sigh because as much as it felt good to be called gorgeous, a part of me still felt otherwise and I really wish I could shake that feeling off.

"I made chicken wraps," Gavin emerges from the kitchen."You guys have such a beautifully stocked kitchen".

"You can thank Blaire," Anna says, peeling herself off me, much to my discomfort.

"Well obviously, You can't cook to fix Blaire's situation," Gavin jokes.

"Hey!"

"Hey!" Anna and I both yell out and Anna slaps him on the arm, almost causing him to drop the plate. He sets the wraps on the table and my mouth immediately waters, I am grateful my future child didn't ruin my appetite and love for Gavin's chicken wraps.

Then I realise I just claimed this baby and my heart fills up with an overwhelming wave of love. I love this baby, I love my unborn child. No matter what they say, my egg was used, I would still be a part of this child. I however also understand that Blaire's attachment to it, but I believe we could reach an agreement where we all get to be a part of the child's life.

"Oh my goodness, she's crying again," Gavin dramatically breathes out, "I am not used to this side of her".

I wipe my eyes and sure enough, fresh tears are softly trickling down my face and I chuckle, "They're happy tears Gavin".

"You know what we should do?" Anna starts suggesting.

"Not happening," Gavin automatically declines and I nod my head, agreeing with him.

"You don't even know what I was about to suggest," she pouts, stuffing herself with a wrap.

"Either murder Dallas or Party," Gavin wipes the side of her mouth with a napkin.

"Obviously Party but unless you haven't noticed," I point to my belly, "I am pregnant, can't party, much less drink".

"It's not like you drink at Parties anyway," Gavin rolls his eyes and reaches out to pat my back.

"Who's side are you on?!" I swat his arm away from me.

"It's settled then!" Anna clasps her hands together, "we're going to Pete's party".

Gavin and I sigh. There's no escaping Anna.

*********

Enjoy⚡ Love you guys, thank you so much for the support.❤