Chapter 33

Chapter 32

Anna took a taxi home and a confused Gavin who had woken up in the middle of our fight drove me home. The guilt was overwhelming and I tried to piece what to say to Anna once I got home.

"Who is David?" Gavin finally asked, curiosity getting the better of him.

"Not my story to tell," I mumbled. It may not have been my story to tell but it was all my fault, Anna would have never met David if I had not introduced them and if I had not introduced them...

I tried to wave off the images and the guilt, I was a horrible friend then and I was being an even worse one now, bringing up memories that we both wanted to stay buried.

"Are you okay?" Gavin glanced briefly at me, trying to see if he can tell if I am actually okay in case I lied.

"I am a bad person," I groaned thinking of what went down earlier, as much as I wanted to blame the hormones, I knew deep down I meant to hurt her in that moment but bringing up her past was something she did not deserve.

"You want me to come in?" Gavin asked concerned before briefly pausing and suddenly chuckling, "I just realized how that sounded".

"How did that sound?" I asked.

He just chuckled and leaned in to give me a quick kiss on the cheek, "You're adorable".

"I'll see you on Monday," I watched him go after getting out of the car and I just stood near the stairs to my apartment not sure what to do once I got in. I sat down at the bottom of the stairs and sighed.

I felt someone walk behind me and I ignored them, letting them pass by me without glancing up to see who it was but they however sat close to me and as I breathed in the floral scent, that wave of guilt hit me again.

We just sat there for a while, we both knew what to say, we just did not know how to say it. The continued silence proved we were both thinking of the same thing... that night was something we both will never forget.

"If I have to look at another math book, I might just puke," I said as I threw my textbook out of the way jumping on my bed, almost knocking Anna off of it.

"Why are you complaining?" Anna laughed, "You love exams".

"I love passing," I clarified, "there is a difference".

"Do you know what we both love?" I turned to face her, wearing a cheeky grin and she rolled her eyes.

"We are not going to Sandra's party Blaire, my mum said no."

"She said no to going to the party," I grinned, "she never said anything about us not having a sleepover at my house."

As much as our parents knew that Anna and I were best friends, their relationship was solely based on their connection to us, other than that, they were basically strangers and barely communicated plus Anna's mum loved me like her own.

"I am rubbing off you," Anna gleamed mischievously, "why do you want to go so badly though?"

"Well," I straightened myself and smiled, "Dallas has this friend from Australia and I kid you not, he has the accent we always hear in movies, even the-"

Anna rolled her eyes, her way of telling me to get on with it.

"Anyway," I continued, "he is super cute and in need of a date but he has the most disappointing name for an Australian, I mean-"

"Blaire!"

"I am going to tell Dallas that I love him tonight," I breathed out finally and she rolled her eyes again.