Chapter 26: ...Don't Last Forever

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Song: Doubt
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

~(Y/n)'s POV~

"I have to go back to Ireland in three days." I felt my heart break. Everyone was stunned. "B-but why?" I heard Mark say, trying not to tear up. I sat next to Jack. Everyone's eyes were tearing up.

"B-because m-m-my ma wants me t-to attend a college in our hometown so I don't have to pay extra money f-for being an outsider of L.A." Jack explained. Marzia cried in Felix's shoulder.

"Guys, y-ye know I'll visit from time to time." Jack tried to laugh but ended up sobbing. I didn't know what to do. Realisation hit me. I had only three days to choose who I love more. Mark or Jack.

The bell rang. I didn't want to leave Jack, but I have drama next. Everyone hugged Jack and separated. Toriel stood up and grabbed her belongings. "(Y/n), c-come on." Her eyes were still watery.

I sat next to Jack, ignoring Toriel. Jack was staring at the ground. I scooted closer and resting my head on his shoulder. He blinked and looked over at me.

I smiled and took his hand. "I'm sorry that you have to go...after all of this adventure and excitement." Jack chuckled. "Don-don't worry, like I said I'll visit."

"Are you going to stay in Ireland?" I asked him. There was silence. "I'm not sure, I do miss Ireland a lot and all my family live there" said Jack. I don't know how much my heart can take it.

"(Y/n), I think ye should be getting to class." Jack held onto my hand as we both stood up. I looked into his ocean eyes and felt a tear slide down my cheek. Jack wiped it away and kissed me. I kissed him back, not knowing it might be my last.

I opened my eyes and saw Jack smiling. "I love you (y/n), and no matter what, if I visit or stay, I'll never forget the connection we had." I nodded and hugged him.

~Time Skip to 5:16~

"(Y/n), this is terrible!" Toriel said pacing in my room. Chica wasn't in my dorm, she was with Mark because Mark noticed I had no time to play with her, so he adopted her.

I sat on my bed, staring at the ceiling. "You have three days to decide who you want to be with! Wow, this is so....so-" "Horrible? Awful? Painful?" I interrupted.

Toriel stared at me with a hand on her hip. "No, it's so amazing! So much drama and climax! Its like if you're in a story!" I rolled my eyes. "This is real life, not a story book." Toriel smiled. I looked over at her.

"Could be" Toriel smirked. "Just keep dreaming Princess" I said as I walked over to my fixed window. Toriel tip toed over and rested her head on my shoulders. I glanced at her.

"What?" "I just wanna know who you choose? So who?" Toriel asked her arms on top of my shoulders. I sighed and went in the bathroom. "I'm taking a shower."

Toriel huffed and sat on my bed, looking through YouTube on my laptop.

~Toriel's POV~

(Y/n) locked the bathroom door and I jumped onto her laptop and opened up YouTube. I scrolled through and saw that she only subscribed to two people named Markiplier and Jacksepticeye.

I tapped on Markiplier and it was Mark! I looked over at Jacksepticeye's channel and it was Jack. Well who knew those two were famous.

After about seven minutes of watching Mark and Jack, my hand slipped across the mouse and clicked a new tab.

I was gonna exit it, but then photos appeared on the screen. I clicked wide screen and it was a slideshow. The first one was a little girl and a little boy. Straight away I knew the little girl was (y/n).

The little boy looked a year older than her. Must be her brother....who she never mentions. Another photo shows and its her and her brother sitting on a tree branch holding hands.

Next one was (y/n)'s mother and father. They both were staring into each others eyes. Next picture came and it was when (y/n) was 14. (Y/n) and her brother were sitting together with sunglasses.

They seemed really close. Another photo went and it was (y/n) 17 with her brother. Her brother had a backpack on him and is bags in the background.

The final photo showed and it was (y/n)'s brother driving away. I went to turn off the laptop until I heard voices. I looked and it was a video. It was (y/n) at age 18.

"Lucas hasn't been responding to my messages or calls and I'm just worried that something happened while he was moving. My mom and dad say he's fine and I need to stop worrying but Lucas was and is my best friend and my brother. He was always there for me and now...he's vanished" 18 year old (y/n) said.

Tears slipped down her face. "He told me that our best friend bond would never break and last forever," (y/n) looked at the camera. " It didn't last forever, surely nothing lasts forever."

The video ended and I was silently crying. I exited her pictures and video and closed YouTube. I sat on (y/n)'s bed, thinking about her video. Lucas, (y/n)'s brother, could be dead and her parents don't wanna tell her or Lucas could have moved out of state yet didn't tell (y/n) about the phone number change.

(Y/n) walked in, wearing a Batman shirt and superman pants. Her (h/c) hair was blow dried, slightly dripping. "Hey Toriel, are you alright? It looks like you were crying." I looked up at her. (Y/n) sat infront of me.

"I accidentally opened your photos and videos and saw pictures of your brother and a video" I started. (Y/n) sighed and looked away. "Lucas was important to you, wasn't he?" I asked.

(Y/n) looked back at me with tears in her eyes. "Yes, Lucas was my best friend. My only friend, before I met you guys. He would protect me from bullies and always dance with me at our dances." I saw (y/n) smile as a tear fell off her face.

"I remember he gave me this necklace that can separate and reconnect. Its a heart shaped," She looked under her bed and pulled out a black box. She opened it and pulled out a silver necklace that had half a heart attached to it.

"He told me to never take it off, no matter what. Then the day I knew he was never coming back, I hid it. I kept it because deep down I knew he was out there." I grabbed the necklace and the heart had words carved into it.

"Always" I read. (Y/n) nodded. "Lucas's has 'Forever' written on his." I smiled. "Lets put it on!"

~(Y/n)'s POV~

Toriel locked the necklace around my neck and stared at me. I looked down at the necklace. "This brings back too many memories." Toriel hugged me.

As Toriel began to leave, I asked her, "Toriel, please keep this between you and me." Toriel zipped her lips. I smiled and she closed the door.

I turned off the light and rested my head on my pillow. Mixed thoughts about Mark, Jack, and my brother Lucas. God damn I'm going to be missing two people.