• Chapter Six: A Queasy Kind Of Feeling •

C H A P T E R | V I
➖➖➖➖➖➖➖➖➖➖➖➖
"Queasy was how she felt, she didn't know what was wrong. The sickness was unpleasant but she didn't feel sick all the time. It was strange. "

  Taking a deep breath, Katerina looked out to the aqua blue ocean as it started to darken in colour

  Taking a deep breath, Katerina looked out to the aqua blue ocean as it started to darken in colour. Much like Katrina, the innocent waves were now turning angry and cruel.

Her heart ached at the thought of marrying that obnoxious man-child, and of meeting his family that night.

The whole thing felt like she was being disloyal to Oliver, yet she knew that she had no say in the matter.

Marie had picked out an elegant bronze coloured, silky dress for her daughter, and a pearl necklace to pair with it, for meeting Alejandro's parents at their home later that day.

Katerina hated the dress, she hated everything that was remotely associated with the impending meeting.

As the waves crashed violently, foam sprayed out in all directions, Katerina related to the waves; the girl felt angry and as if her anger would show itself at any moment, that her anger would cause her to lash out, just like the waves whipped the shoreline.

She hadn't seen Oliver for some days; her mother was intent on her being with Alejandro or talking about Alejandro at every single waking moment.

God, did she miss Oliver!

His laugh, his smile, his bright eyes, his touch. Everything about him.

Just .... him.

Prior to falling in love, Katerina had no idea it was possible to yearn for something.... someone so badly. Right at that moment, all she wanted was to be with him, safe in his embrace.

She angled her toes towards the edge of the water, the waves calmed at her touch, becoming smaller and gentler, the effect of which was similar to a mother soothing a sobbing child.