•Chapter Twenty•

C H A P T E R | X X
➖➖➖➖➖➖➖➖➖➖➖➖

C H A P T E R | X X➖➖➖➖➖➖➖➖➖➖➖➖

BITING AT THE SKIN AROUND HER NAILS, KATERINA STARED DOWN AT HER SISTER, ANXIOUSLY

The house was so quiet that you could hear a pin drop, it was eerily quiet. All that could be heard was the feeble breaths of those in the room, as they gazed upon Evangeline.

A large gasp filled the ears of the group, Katerina's heart started to beat erratically as her sister opened her eyes, relief flooded her being.

"Oh, Angie!" She gushed, Evangeline looked horrified as she craned her neck up and her eyes scanned the Mikaelson siblings.

Elijah was quick to compel her and he was gentle and compassionate with it. Rebekah wasn't sure how to feel, her mind was torturing her, she hoped to God that Katerina would still want them around.

For a reason he could not fathom, as did Klaus.
_____
Some time later, Katerina had gone for some air, paying a quick visit to her daughter before going back inside to her little sister.

Elijah hesitantly trailed behind her, his footsteps gentle, he wished not to cause her any fear.

"Katerina, I'm sorry we didn't tell you." He sighed, sitting upon the step of the carriage, inside of which Katerina was entertaining Aurora by singing lullabies in a hushed tone to her.

The strangest thing about this whole ordeal was that despite the fear that Katerina Petrova felt, the love she had for that family overpowered any feelings of apprehension; she could not leave them.

"I'm not leaving you." She said, through pursed lips.

"But I don't understand! We're monsters!" He was utterly perplexed, albeit, he was also thrilled.

Softly rubbing her arms along Elijah Mikaelso's arm, Katerina smiled at him with warmth, squashing her feelings of fear down.
"Elijah Mikaelson, don't you ever belittle yourself in such a way! You and your siblings have done more for me than anyone ever, and my little darling is the luckiest girl in the world to have you to shape her morality and outlook upon the world!"

Returning the smile, Elijah's eyes twinkled.
"You Petrova girls are another kind of human!" This made Katerina chuckle.

Rebekah couldn't help but smile as Katerina raced inside and enveloped her into a hug, she felt the knots in her stomach unravel and her shoulders relax.

Klaus, despite his reluctance to feel, found himself hugging Katerina when she thanked him for his efforts. Guilt still racked him, the thought of something happening to Aurora specifically made his stomach drop and his insides burn with dread.
_______

When Evangeline had enough energy to engage in conversation, Katerina navigated her way through the gruesome scene before her to prepare her sister a cup of hot tea.

Angie beamed with gratitude as she took the mug of tea.

"I've missed you, Kat!" Her voice croaked, Katerina pulled her close to her chest and kissed her forehead.

"I owe you an explanation, angel." Katerina admitted, subtly nodding towards Niklaus, who returned with Aurora in his protective hold. "This little princess is Aurora Julietta Petrova.. your niece!"

Tears glazed Evangeline's eyes; it all made sense now.

"My niece?" She squeaked in a mouse-like tone.

Katerina nodded slowly as Klaus stepped closer to the youngest Petrova sister with him, the baby. Evangeline stood up and approached the baby with caution in every step.

Aurora babbled happily and outstretched her tiny arm to caress her aunt's cheek, tears that Evangeline didn't even have knowledge of began to stream from her tear ducts.

"She's beautiful, just like her mama!"

"She is very beautiful, but she gets it from her aunt." The elder Petrova sister stated.

________

The homicidal scene was so grotesque that it wasn't able to be rectified.

Evangeline and Katerina Petrova snuggled together, with Aurora Petrova in their arms, as they observed Rebekah light the matches, the furious flames of angry orange shades gobbling up the house, and within it, a childhood of hardship and struggle, but also memories of sibling love and the formation of a beautiful life, Aurora Petrova.

"It's us versus the world as it was always meant to be, let's get you to your new home!" Katerina explained and then kissed her upon the cheek, affectionately.

♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡
|| A u t h o r ' s N o t e ||
I hope you like this chapter, and the story as a whole, thus far!!

Please vote & Comment

Thank you, guys!!

All my love
~
Kira x
♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡