• Chapter Eleven: The Mikaelson Family •

C H A P T E R | X I
       ➖➖➖➖➖➖➖➖➖➖➖➖
"Come on, love. I've got just the thing." Elijah's brother smiled. "I'm Niklaus, by the way."
"Well, well, well what do we have here?" ???? Said.

""Well, well, well what do we have here?" ???? Said

"I wouldn't want to trouble you, Sir

"I wouldn't want to trouble you, Sir." Katerina fretted as she comfortingly stroked her bump.

After a long conversation in the tavern, the man had shown her such kindness.
His siblings even left, yet he stayed behind to keep her company.

"Nonsense. Marshall will be driving us, it shan't take long, but it'll give your feet a rest." Elijah smiled, carefully helping Katerina into the horse-drawn carriage. The carriage was leading them to the Mikaelson's home.

"What ever are you doing out her alone, Katerina?" Elijah smiled as Katerina bit into an apple.
"Well, this little one would've never been accepted at home. I was betrothed to a loathsome creature; I was in love with someone else, someone of lowly status.." Sadness clouded over the young girl as she felt her little child wriggle around.
"Oh, I'm ever so sorry." Elijah smiled sympathetically. "I shall make sure from this point forward that you and your child are more than cared for." He promised.

"I cannot expect, nor can I ask that of you.." a small smile appeared on her face.

"Of course you can. I can ensure a stable, happy future for your child."

"But I don't know you..." she trailed off, she was reluctant to trust him, as nice as he appeared to be.

"Katerina, I promise that you will be safe and protected under my guardianship." Elijah smiled. "Just think about it."

Katerina did just that as she stared out, thoughtfully, watching the blurs of shrubbery as the carriage passed endless greenery.

What if this man could indeed offer her child a future she could only otherwise dream of? Then again, what if this stranger was a threat to her and her little one?

"Here we are!" He announced, supporting Katerina as he helped her to the ground.

Elijah tapped the door, and it glided open.

"Ah, Elijah, you're home!" A handsome man strides down the corridor, he arched his eyebrow as his eyes scanned the shy girl. "Who might you be?"

Katerina politely curtsied and smiled appreciatively at the man. "Katerina Petrova, my good Sir. And of course, this is my baby." She pointed at her bump, with a small smile.

"I thought as much, how long will she be staying with us, dear Brother?"
The man smiled at Elijah.

"Until I say otherwise, now escort her to the kitchen and make her something." Elijah responded.

"No, no, that's not ne-" Katerina tried to object.

"Come on, love. I've got just the thing." Elijah's brother smiled. "I'm Niklaus, by the way."

"Well, well, well....what do we have here?" ???? Said.

|| A u t h o r ' s N o t e ||

hey guys,
it's good to be back. i hope you liked this chapter 💋💋