Chapter Thirty-Six

C H A P T E R  X X X V I

I've just finished reading the Shining by Stephen King so I'm feeling the creative influence for the dark chapter ahead

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Top tier novel
____

Cold.
Freezing.

That's the only thing that Aurora Julietta Petrova was feeling at that present moment, along with feeling hazy.

The cold couldn't have been coming from the wind, there wasn't any, but rather an energy, a presence of some sorts.

Its cool air nibbling at the sweet, smooth flesh of the child, who was careful not to display any fear, her eyes clamped shut.

Aurora had developed super senses of sorts, in preparation for the wicked her family spoke of, not that Aurora knew of what that word even meant.

Crisp leaves were crunching underfoot, close to Aurora, who eventually opened her eyes, only to reveal the shielding black of a blindfold.

The little girl shuffled slightly, rope burning at her dainty wrists, and when she rocked her leg back slightly, her ankle clunked upon the leg of a wooden chair.

Don't show them you're scared, Rori She thought.

After what felt like forever, of only hearing indecipherable chatter and the crunching of leaves, the blindfold was untied, the sun making a beeline for the Child's eyes.

Before her, what seemed to be four men and four women from their bodies, stood shrouded in navy blue cloaks- like that of a secret society.

'Now what do we do?' A grovelly male voice croaked, a middle aged man.
'We restore the powers of the Andres Family witches.' A sharp tone of a female said, pointedly.

'Well, obviously, dear, but how?' Replied the gruff voice

'We take her, we experiment until we regain our magic, Nigel.' She sighed as if explaining things from an instruction manual to a child.

Aurora felt her heart hammer inside of her, what did expirement mean?