•Chapter Twenty-Six•

C H A P T E R | X X V I
➖➖➖➖➖➖➖➖➖➖➖➖

C H A P T E R | X X V I➖➖➖➖➖➖➖➖➖➖➖➖

"QETSIYAH WAS A WITCH WHO FORMULATED AN IMMORTALITY ELIXIR TO DRINK ON HER WEDDING NIGHT WITH A MAN NAMED SILAS

"QETSIYAH WAS A WITCH WHO FORMULATED AN IMMORTALITY ELIXIR TO DRINK ON HER WEDDING NIGHT WITH A MAN NAMED SILAS." Klaus began to explain, Katerina leant forward and rested her head in her palms, out of intrigue.

"However, Silas stole the Elixir and he and his lover, Amara, Qetsiyah's handmaiden drank it together, in the hopes that they would be in love forever."

Katerina was convinced that this must be something out of a book of fables, this kind of magic was not fathomable.

"This interrupted the balance of nature, so nature introduced the concept of shadow-selves, two of which are known, you and Tatia."

"What happened to Tatia?" Katerina inquired, earning a sad glance from the immortal before her.

"Tatia was a lovely girl, we met her centuries ago. She made everyone weak at the knees, particularly Elijah and I. She chose Elijah, the good brother, of course." Klaus confessed in a melancholic tone.

Katerina gave him a pitiful look as she patiently waited for him to continue his storytelling.

"My wretch of a mother, Esther got some blood from the poor girl, and created the immortality spell for her own selfish reasons to use on my siblings, their father and I. Esther could not comprehend losing anyone else; she had already lost her firstborn, Freya and my wonderful little brother, Henrik."
Klaus informed the young Bulgarian, who was beginning to piece together that her blood held properties of a supernatural nature.

"Anyway, Mikael stabbed us with a blade through the heart and then stabbed himself. Soon enough, we woke up, consumed human blood and transitioned. Unfortunately, a side effect of it was that it triggered my werewolf side, exposing my mother's affair with Chief Ansel."

"How did you react to your werewolf side?" Katerina Petrova wondered aloud.

"With confusion, unsurprisingly. Elijah found me, surrounded by six marred bodies I had killed out of perplexity. Tatia overheard us discussing my werewolf heritage and ran away, utterly terrified! My brother chased after her; he found out Tatia didn't think that Esther would utilise her blood for such black magic, Elijah tried to argue that he wasn't a monster. Unfortunately, he succumbed to his newborn bloodlust and killed her."

"So, how was the Hybrid Curse enacted, then?" The doppelgänger pried.

"Esther, being the bitch she is, used the last of Tatia's blood to impose a curse upon me, the Hybrid Curse that I've told you about."

"How is it broken?"

"Well, dear Katerina, this is where you have a party to play! A vampire and werewolf must die, a witch must cast the spell, we need the moonstone, and a doppelgänger must be sacrificed."

"Sacrificed?" Katerina gulped.

"We're looking for a way around that, Kat." Elijah assured her from the door.

__________
♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡
|| A u t h o r ' s N o t e ||
Hope you enjoyed this chapter; if you have, please vote and comment!
Be sure to check out my other books in your spare time.
Thank you!
~
Kira
♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡