Chapter Thirty Eight

C H A P T E R  X X X V I I I

AMITY AND IVY WERE IN THE LIBRARY, DRINKING TEA AND READING TOGETHER, WHEN NIKLAUS AND REBEKAH BARGED IN

"Whatever this is, it'd better be important!" Amity exclaimed as Ivy stood, leaving Amity's hold.

"Oh, believe me it is." Klaus assured her, as his sister fumbled around in her coat pocket.

Rebekah retrieved the hairpiece from her pocket and placed it upon the mini table besides the chair. Then, both Nik and Bekah sat in two crimson, satin reading armchairs.

"Wait..." Ivy spoke up. "Isn't that Rori's?"

Rebekah felt her heart sink into her stomach, Niklaus felt like his heart had been ripped right from his chest.

"That's exactly why we need your help." Nik answered, handing the bow directly to Amity, who knew from the desperate look in his irises what she needed to do.

"Has something happened to her, and Angie, is she okay?" Ivy panicked. Though she hadn't been resurrected long, just around a year, they were the kindest souls she had ever met.

"Angie is okay, Elijah has her preoccupied in the courtyard. Aurora is missing." Rebekah clarified, using the child's full name to stress the severity of it all.

"You need me to perform a locator spell, correct?" Amity questioned. Normally, she wouldn't agree to something so fast, especially with Niklaus Mikaelson asking, being the bastard that she knows him to be.

However, this time was different. It concerned a child; not just any child, a pure soul and a supernatural phenomenon.

"That's correct. I know you don't like me, but for her sake, please." Nik pleaded with the witch, who was already going to agree.

"She's a child, of course I'll help. But first you do need to do something." She responded.

Quickly, Bekah perked up, yearning to be reunited with the child whom helped to mend the hole in her undead heart.
"Anything."

"One of you needs to break the news to Katerina, I refuse to do it without her being aware of the situation." Amity told her in-laws, of sorts. Rarely nervous, Klaus let out an anxious chuckle.

"Are you insane? Have you seen that woman when she's mad? As they say, hell have no fury like a woman scorned." He stressed. Although he had a point, all of the woman glared at him.

Ivy approached her siblings with a tray of teacups, a teapot and a small jug of milk. "Tea, to steady your nerves?" She offered to her siblings.

"I'm going to need something stronger." Klaus stressed.

"You and me both, brother." Rebekah sighed, in agreement.

As they were both about to get up, Ivy smiled, kindly. "No, no I'll go and get something for you. You've got enough on your plate."

"Thank you, Iv." Rebekah smiled, it was good to have her sister back.

"Much appreciated, Iverson." Awkwardly, Klaus smiled. He still felt guilty for daggering her back then.

Once she was out of sight, her partner bit back. "How kind she is and yet, you daggered her."

Klaus sighed, feeling guilty. "Listen, it was our father. He said she was too much of a liability, I didn't want to, Amity."

"Why leave her that way for so many centuries?" Amity countered.

"I'm still a Mikaelson, I knew I could use her as leverage with you." He admitted. Even though Amity didn't agree with what Nik had done, she could see his point, and respected his honesty.

"I still don't agree with what you've done, but I respect your honesty. Touch her again, though; you'll die. That's a promise." Amity warned, her eyes ablaze.

🥀🥀🥀🥀

Meanwhile

"Have you got him, Nigel?" The cloaked woman asked.

"Bear and Sebastian have him, they should be here soon, Valda." Nigel replied.

Aurora wriggled in her spot, hands tied together. She had learnt magic, but didn't know how to harness it well enough to escape, she lacked the control. She was only three, after all, so her understanding was obviously limited.

"Mamma!" She called out..

"Shh, shh, Aurora, sweetheart. I'm not going to hurt you. I'm your aunty Elma, this is your uncle Will, and these are your cousins, Quinn, Micheal and June." A woman with abudent toussels of chestnut was crouched before the child. Her husband had his arm on her shoulder and a look in his eye that made Aurora shrink into herself. Two little  boys with curls the colour of midnight held unsure smiles upon their visages, and a girl around Aurora's age, looking scared herself, cowered in the corner.

Rori didn't trust them, they called her Aurora and not Rori, and she didn't like it.

"Here he is, mother." A gruff voice boomed, shoving a blindfolded man towards Nigel and Valda.

"Bear, is that you?" The shadowed man croaked out, weakly.

Valda nodded at the man with a large muscular stature and a bald head, Bear and an equally largely built man with a bushy moustache and a goatee, Sebastian.

Sebastian undid the blindfold as Bear held an almost disabling death grip on the man's hands.

The blindfold fluttered to the floor.

"Ah, my dear son." Valda cooed, but it wasn't comforting, it was much more condescending in nature.

"Mother, how did you find me?" Alarmed, he asked.

"Oh, Oliver, you cannot run forever. We have eyes everywhere, we even knew you tracked your daughter down." Valda cackled. Oliver was completely horrified. He had tried to rescue his daughter from his family, but those people, even Katerina, they wouldn't hear him out.

"WHAT HAVE YOU DONE TO HER?" Oliver yelled, his blood boiling.

"Nothing. Yet." Nigel told his son.

"How the fuck did you find out about her?" He spat. His mother shook her head, what horrendous language.

"Details, details. It's not important. All that is important is we restore our family magic." Valda stated, simply.

AUTHORS NOTE

hi,
I hope you enjoyed this chapter. Please comment and let me know what you think. Thank you for reading