•Chapter Fourteen:Preparations•

C H A P T E R | X I V
~
"I miss him, too.
We would've taught him so many things, took him on so many adventures!
Most of all, he would've had the best Mama in the whole wide world." Elijah himself began to feel tears fall from his own eyes; he wrapped his arms, lovingly around his sister."

"

 That night all Rebekah could do was cry, even if she shut off her humanity, the gnawing feeling in her gut would've still been a dull ache

She sighed as the tears rolled down her blotchy cheeks, the image of her angel baby in her arms present in her mind.
Even when she tried to rest, she couldn't, her wound had been reopened. Eventually her mind burned itself out and her eyes fluttered, shutting soon after.
___________
"Kat, Klaus, have any of you seen Rebekah?" Elijah's tone was breathless as he jogged into the room, at a human pace, aware of the mortal presence around him.
Both of them shook their head in response as Katerina heated some bubbling porridge over the fireplace.
Elijah's mouth went dry as he started to panic about his sister. He walked at a human pace outside the house; he used his vampire speed to search through the nearby woods, yelling out his sister's name.
Broken sobs were all he could hear, he could tell he was getting nearer to Rebekah.
Sure enough, there he found her.
She was sat on the floor, her back resting against a tall tree as she cradled her knees to her chest and weeped.
"Bekah?" He spoke softly as he knelt down near his sister, so he could meet her eyes.
"I miss my boy, Elijah. With everything in my cold, dead heart." She said as she stood up, she roughly wiped her teardrops away with the sleeve of her dress. Rebekah started walking in paces, staring up at the sky.
"Why, Elijah? Why Oskar? Why, why, why, why?" She cried through gritted teeth as she booted a tree, her superhuman strength cracking it down the middle. Rebekah jumped back before it could crush her.
Cautiously, her brother stepped towards her.
"I miss him, too.
We would've taught him so many things, took him on so many adventures!
Most of all, he would've had the best Mama in the whole wide world." Elijah himself began to feel tears fall from his own eyes; he wrapped his arms, lovingly around his sister.
The silent, long hug was filled with so many bottled emotions, emotions that no words could convey.
Two hearts wrapped together in their eternal mourning as they comforted each other in these short moments.
______
Elijah and Rebekah headed back to their garden.
Once they were there, they treaded down the muddy garden path to a small gated area. Elijah slotted a key into the gate and then opened it, it creaked open, slowly.
A few family gravestones stood, but one stood out: it was smaller and more well kept than the rest. A bonnet was tied around the gravestone, it had yellowed with age. A metal rattle sat alone on top of the soil.
"My baby, it's been almost four centuries and my heart still aches for you. Our new houseguest-." Rebekah started, her brother giving her a small smile before she added the next sentence.
"-our friend, Kat is going to have a baby soon, and it made me think of you. I hope you're happy, wherever you may be, and my precious boy, I ask that you look out for her child when they are born and throughout their lifetime." She nodded, sombrely at the grave.
"Your mama has been amazing and brave to allow a baby into our home again.
We miss you, Oskar very, very much.
You're irreplaceable and I hope you are watching your wonderful mother with pride from wherever you may be!" Elijah gushed.
The Mikaelson siblings spoke out their grievances and comforted each other for a while, before heading back home.
____________________
Katerina looked at Rebekah, she looked so different from how she usually looked. Her face was blotchy, with no makeup, her hair was scraggly and stuck out, her clothes were dirty. She'd momentarily neglected herself, crushed by her overwhelming sadness.
"I know it's probably no consolation, but I know for a fact that my baby will love you. I want you to help me raise him." The words that Katerina spoke made Rebekah's heart jolt. She pulled a leaf from her hair and then tried to smooth it out, suddenly becoming aware of herself, again.
"You think the baby's a boy?" She inquired, shooting the pregnant girl a quizzical look.
"Yes, don't you?" Katerina beamed, patting her stomach, softly.
Rebekah shook her head.
"Oh, no. She's definitely a girl!" Rebekah predicted with a strong air of confidence.
"Well, we shall very soon, I'm hoping!"
The two women exchanged a rather excited glance.
|| A u t h o r ' s N o t e ||
Hey guys,
The baby will be born very soon!
I really hope you enjoyed the chapter, and the book so far as a whole.
Thanks for reading, loves!
|| VOTE ||
|| COMMENT ||
|| SHARE ||
Feel free to read any of my other books
( Especially Facilitate as it's solely my own material story wise!)
Thank you.
~ Kira!x