•Chapter Sixteen: Baby, baby•

C H A P T E R | X V I
~

"So, what are you going to name her?" Rebekah questioned

"I've been thinking this over...." Katerina answered. "And I've got the perfect name!"
Katerina paused for a moment, teasing Rebekah by making her wait.
Knowing what she was doing, an entertained smirk formed on Rebekah's face."

In awe, Katerina smiled down at the baby she cradled

In awe, Katerina smiled down at the baby she cradled. She couldn't believe that she'd created such a beautiful little human.

Reaching up her tiny arm, the baby touched her mother's cheek, gently.

"She's so beautiful." Elijah commented, sitting on the edge of the bed. "You need to get cleaned up, I'll take the baby to Rebekah."

He laced his arms around the child, delicately as he carried her from the room.

Upon returning, he poured some hot water and flower petals into the wooden bath for the new mother.

Grateful, Katerina gave him a hug and Elijah felt a warm feeling spread throughout him as he hugged her back.

He placed the room divider up; Katerina started to get into the bath.
Elijah removed the blooded bedsheets, and threw them away. He replaced them with fresh, white bedsheets, ready for Katerina. Then, he left the room.
______
Katerina felt the knots in her back unravel; the lavender infused water seemed to ease the pain. Steam clouded the young girl's vision, she tossed her head back and let out a relieved sigh.

Mentally, she replayed the events of the day, she couldn't believe she was a mother!

In her heart, she knew she'd be a hell of a lot of a better mother to her child than her mother was to her.
______
Rebekah lovingly caressed the baby's cheek, smiling each time she made a little sound.

To soothe the baby, she started to hum melodies, the baby babbled out of enjoyment.

"Oh, hey Kat!" Rebekah greeted, hearing the approaching sound of footsteps with her impeccable hearing abilities.

Katerina had walked in at just the right moment, the baby began to wail and kick out.

"She may be hungry." Rebekah suggested.
Nodding, Katerina took her child from Rebekah's hold.

Rebekah passed Katerina a cotton throw so she could privately feed her baby to make her feel more comfortable with it.

Soon enough, the baby latched on and began suckling, drawing milk from her mother's breast. It felt odd to Katerina, there was a slight tingling pain that nagged at her.

"Don't worry, love. You'll get used to it." Rebekah reassured her, sensing her confusion. The two smiled at one another.

Baby Petrova continued to guzzle down the milk.

Once she was finished, Katerina wiped away the dripping milk from her tender breast.

"Now, you wind her." Rebekah said, draping the cotton cloth over Katerina's shoulder.

She helped her hold the baby securely, so that the little one's head peaked over her mother's shoulder.

Lightly, Katerina patted and rubbed her daughter's back. Eventually, the baby let out a small burp and was a little bit sick over Katerina's shoulder, she was grateful for the cloth that covered her.

The baby sighed, elated as her mother wiped her mouth.

"So, what are you going to name her?" Rebekah questioned.

"I've been thinking this over...." Katerina answered. "And I've got the perfect name!"

Katerina paused for a moment, teasing Rebekah by making her wait.
Knowing what she was doing, an entertained smirk formed on Rebekah's face.

".... Aurora Juiletta Petrova!..."
"I love it!"

~
|| A u t h o r ' s   N o t e ||
Hope you enjoyed this chapter,
and I hope you're enjoying the story so far, everyone!!
|| VOTE ||
|| COMMENT ||
|| SHARE ||
~ Thank you, Kira! X