• Chapter Ten: Her life begins •

C H A P T E R | X
       ➖➖➖➖➖➖➖➖➖➖➖➖
" the man's looks shook her too her very core. He had an icy look about him but she felt his inner warmth as their eyes fixated on one another's."
Above: Katerina and Oliver's song for this chapter

"Above: Katerina and Oliver's song for this chapter

Her feet burned as she trudged along for miles and miles, the hot ground felt like lava and it felt as if her skin was about to bubble

Her feet burned as she trudged along for miles and miles, the hot ground felt like lava and it felt as if her skin was about to bubble. The nearest water she'd found was in a nearby creak, of which she savoured every sip, not knowing when she would next taste a drop of it.

All the while, all she could think about was Oliver. She missed him so, so badly but she knew that she was doing the right thing, putting her baby first and she felt she was making his life easier, too.

Oh, baby She thought looking wearily down at her obvious bump, I hope it won't be like this forever.

She was so exhausted, there were no tears left for her dry eyes to cry. Soon, her knees started to tremble, and she felt like she was about to collapse.

Never in her life did she think that she'd be so grateful to see the warm yellow flicker of candlelight and firelight than she was at that very moment: a tavern stood, lonesome in the deserted land of sand and rock.

Feeling weak and forlorn, Katerina waddled over to the tavern, shelter, she smiled to herself contently.

The oak door creaked open, and everyone in the tavern jolted their heads in the young woman's direction; she did not take notice of any of them but one man.

He was like something she'd never seen before.

He didn't look all that extraordinary, although he was beautiful but the minute that her sad eyes met his lively ones, she knew without a doubt that there was something extraordinary about him.

The man's looks shook her to her very core.

He had an icy look about him but she felt his inner warmth as their eyes fixated on one another's, before he ripped his eyes away after a mere two seconds on eye contact. He and his equally beautiful clan, unlike everyone else, weren't all that phased by young Katerina's presence.

Whilst everyone else's eyes roamed all over her, single and pregnant at the expected marital age, the clans' eyes remained only on one another seemingly in an intense exchange. Their ignorance intrigued her as she sat down.

"What can I get ya yung 'en?" The scraggly haired elderly bartender asked, flashing a frightening toothless smile.

"Um... could I trouble you for some water? I- I have no change..." Katerina spluttered out her words.
The bartender gave her a quizzical look. "You really think that's how it works  'round here, dollface? I don't think so! No money, no water, hon." The bartender said, waving her off rudely with his sweaty, mud coated sleeve.

The mysterious man caught the tail of this conversation and quickly shot up from his stool , which sat by the toasty amber- coloured fire. He walked over to the bar, unbeknownst to a desperate and physically unbalanced, pained Katerina Petrova.

"Elijah, what the hell are you- Elijah don't!" A ferocious tone came from the beautiful blonde woman that he was sat beside, as he approached the bar.

"I thought better of you, Rueben. Now give the nice lady here her drink.. Now." He threatened the barman, gaging  Katerina's attention. Watching the heated exchange, she could've sworn that the eyes of the intriguing man darkened in their shade.
Hypnotically, the barman handed her a large cup of water.

"Sorry for the inconvenience. Anything else I can get ya?" His smile was forced and exaggerated.

Her head pounding from dehydration and hunger, as she'd eaten everything up forever ago, she took advantage of this and asked for fresh fruit, nuts and bread. The bartender obliged, no contest.

"How did you- what did you-?" She question the bewitching man, puzzled.

"Hi, I'm Elijah." A small smile brightened up his features.

|| A U T H O R ' S N O T E ||
Hey, guys.
I'm back! Hope you liked this. Sorry it's been so long; I've had some much going on. I loved writing this chapter, everything is beginning-to fall into place!! Please vote and comment if you liked it.
Feel free to check out any of my other books especially my new Joey Tribbiani one as I want to know if anyone actually likes it- thank you😽😽
Happy Reading, people of wattpad!!
K x