•Chapter Twenty-Two•

C H A P T E R | X X I I
➖➖➖➖➖➖➖➖➖➖➖➖

C H A P T E R | X X I I➖➖➖➖➖➖➖➖➖➖➖➖

KATERINA HEARD HER SISTER GASP AND SHE RUSHED INTO THE ROOM TO COMFORT EVANGELINE

"What's wrong, Angie?" Katerina panicked, analysing her sister's vitals.

"Caspar. We didn't get him!" Evangeline exclaimed in horror. Katerina thought of the dog she'd taken in from the streets back in Bulgaria, she hoped to God he was okay.

Katerina's face washed white and she raced out of the room and into the study, where Klaus was teaching Aurora how to stack blocks.

"Kat, love, isn't she progressing tremendously?" He grinned, but when he looked up at the worrisome expression Katerina wore, his grin faded. "What's wrong?"

"I don't care how stupid I sound. I took in a stray dog when I was pregnant with Aurora; he brought much solace to Evangeline when I had left and now, he's all alone." Her hormones were bouncing all over the place, and she couldn't help but cry.

Aurora pouted upon seeing her mother cry, and the tower of blocks started to tremble, when she harshly dropped the block from her grip.

Klaus sighed, he knew he couldn't not go.

"Alright, call Henry and get the carriage ready!" Klaus ordered to a man guarding his oak study doors, the man nodded and gave him a salute.

_____

Kat, Angie and Rori got into the carriage, ready to leave, then Klaus stepped onto the steps and swung the carriage door open.

"You think I'm letting you go alone? No way! If one of you gets hurt, Elijah will literally have my heart!" He proclaimed, taking Aurora from Katerina, holding her securely, protectively.

Evangeline looked confused, but shrugged it off as the carriage geared forward. The girls chewed at their nails, remembering the roaring flames that torched their house, silently praying that Caspar didn't get hurt.
_____

It took an unimaginable measure of time to arrive at the house. Evangeline, Niklaus and Katerina called out for Caspar, who to their relief came scampering towards them.
A sleepy Aurora snuggled into her mother's warm chest to shelter herself from the cold winds.

Surveying the area, they noticed the poor thing had been tied to a tree and Caspar, therefore wasn't harmed in the house fire.

The rope indicated that the only way Caspar could have escaped the tree was by tearing it apart with his teeth, which he did, fortunately.

Evangeline grabbed at the scuff of fur around his neck, gently and the two bundled into the carriage.

Klaus slowly paced the ash and rubble of the house, evidently trying to find any indication of where Kol Mikaelson may he.

Katerina took a moment to reflect on things, stroking her baby's locks. She thought of Oliver and the blessing he had given her and while she missed him, she wouldn't change this life she had for a life with him, which definitely surprised her.

"We better get Rori into the carriage, she's looking a little chilly, Katerina." Klaus pointed out to the young mother.

"So she is." Katerina acknowledged and kissed her little girl's forehead, gently as she turned away for the last time from her home town and got into the cab.

Unbeknownst to her, in the distance, watching the situation with intrigue and bewilderment, was Oliver Andres, Aurora's biological father.
_____
♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡
|| A u t h o r ' s   N o t e ||
I hope you like this chapter, and the story as a whole, thus far!!

Please vote & Comment

Thanks everyone!!

All my love

Kira x
♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡