• Chapter Nine: Goodbye Home, Goodbye love. •

C H A P T E R | I X
➖➖➖➖➖➖➖➖➖➖➖➖
"Goodbye Home, Goodbye Love.

Goodbye all that she knew.

That's when her real story began...."

"

As soon as she got home, the eldest Petrova child stormed into her room, ignoring the beckoning of her parents and 'in-laws

As soon as she got home, the eldest Petrova child stormed into her room, ignoring the beckoning of her parents and 'in-laws. '

Tears.
They wouldn't stop pouring.

She could feel her heartstrings breaking, the more that she cried.

Her first and only love had found another girl to  love.

However, she thought, it'll make it easier to leave now.

That still doesn't stop the hurt. She argued back to herself.

"Kat," came her little sister's soft voice. "What's wrong?" She crept over to her and wrapped her small arms around Katerina's neck, hugging her.

Words wouldn't sound, all that would sound were broken sobs.

"Is it momma and papa?" Little Angie asked, to which Kat shook her head. Not this time.

"Alejandro?"

Again, she shook her head. Roughly, she wiped her tears with the sleeve of her dress.

"I'll be okay, little Evangeline. Just remember that I will love you forever and always. " Her voice broke.
Now, it was time for her to leave. Tonight.

She wished she could take her sister with her, but it wouldn't be fair to take her from everything she knew.

Later that day, Katerina couldn't focus on anything. She sat silently most of the times as her parents discussed the wedding that was never going to happen.

Finally, nighttime came. The black blanket of the sky was scattered with sparkling stars, the night was silent aside from the lone owl and her chicks perched on the oak tree.

Just them against the world.

Just like Katerina and her little one.

Katerina grabbed a basket and stuffed it with all she could: a few cloths, one dress, a homemade soap bar, milk and bread rolls.

One last time, she entered her room. Lightly, she kissed her younger sister's forehead; a single tear fell.

"Keep safe and happy, my dear Evangeline. " Evangeline stirred in her sleep, her eyes fluttered open slightly, she smiled sleepily at her sister, too dazed to notice the sadness on her face.

"Goodnight, Kat. I love you. " She said sleepily.

"I love you, too Angie. " She smiled fondly.

"Goodbye, Sweetheart. " She whispered as she blew out the candle and closed the door, soundlessly.

She didn't even bother to see her parents.
Instead, she wrote them a note.

Mama & Papa,
The time has come for me to leave now. It's not only me I have to think of any longer, but my dear child. Give my sincerest apologies to the 'groom'.
Look after my sweet Angie and I hope you can find it your hearts to give her the love that she deserves.
довиждане за винаги. Обичам Te.

Katerina x x

(Goodbye forever. I love you- in Bulgarian. According to Google, please don't pull me up on any inaccuracies. Take it up with Google Translate!!)

Teary-eyed, the young girl folded up the note in two and placed it in the centre of the dinner table.

Katerina saw Astria wandering around, tacked up with a saddle on her middle, meaning Oliver had tied her to the fence near Katerina's home to take the horse for a ride.

Quickly Katerina scribbled a note for Oliver and tucked it under the saddle.

Oliver,

You'll forever be my greatest love.

Farewell.

I wish you and your beautiful lady every happiness.
Сърцето ми е твое
( My heart is yours. )
Kat
x x x x

Astria nuzzled Katerina, who ran her fingers through her snowy-white, soft fur. Wary of Oliver's return, Katerina left without a second look.

Goodbye Home, Goodbye Love.

Goodbye all that she knew.

That's when her real story began.