•Chapter Fifteen: Arrival•

C H A P T E R | X V
~

"Her whole world seemed to come to a sudden holt as she look down into that beautiful face of her daughter's

"Her whole world seemed to come to a sudden holt as she look down into that beautiful face of her daughter's. Her heart seemed to swell with adoration, her daughter wrapped her fingers around her Mama's thumb.
All of her worries about Oliver and any concerns about her future seemed to melt away, she now lived for this beautiful child she was blessed to call her own."

Katerina woke up the next morning with the dullest of aches in her stomach, she had to grit her teeth each time that she moved

The Mikaelson's had been fawning over her for the whole day, making sure she was safe and comfortable, not letting her lift a single finger.
Katerina could feel pressure in her womb as she persevered through the agony.

She even started to worry that something was wrong with the baby as the pain intensified.
___________________
"Elijah!!" Katerina yelped, a pool of fluid coated her feet. She gripped at the back of the armchair to support herself, as her legs had started to wobble.

Without hesitation, Elijah, very closely followed by Rebekah and Klaus, bolted into the room.
His eyes widened as he glanced down at the amniotic fluid on the stone floor, surrounding the wincing soon-to-be-mother's feet.

The baby was coming.

Klaus and Rebekah held onto Katerina's hands, escorting her back to the armchair, carefully sitting her down.

The contractions had begun and they were very slowly progressive; Katerina couldn't remember her sister's birth taking so long, nor did her mother seem like she was in such excruciating pain.
_____
Eventually, Katerina lay on the bed in the guest bedroom, with a strong-stomached Elijah acting as doctor for the delivery.

It wasn't possible to get her to a nun for birthing assistance even earlier, the closest place was towns and towns away.

Wincing, Klaus stood at the door as his irises began to blacken and veins started to form on his face.

"Sorry, Elijah, I can't stay. The blood is too much." He apologised as he rushed out of the room, and out of the house, and sped into the woods to feed.
__________

"You're amazing, I'm so proud of you." Rebekah smiled, the blood not even bothering her as she thought about the outcome. She dipped a cloth into a basin of water and rung it out. Rebekah dabbed it on Katerina's forehead to bring down her temperature. Katerina's face turned into a dark hue of red as she pushed.

"It... hurts..." She panted, catching her breath. "... so... much!"

A head soon was visible, Elijah tried not to grimace as he looked at the bodily fluids that covered the baby's head.

Finally, the last push came around, Katerina heaved with all the energy that she could possibly muster.

Momentarily, it was quiet, but a new sound was soon heard, a baby's cry.
Rebekah's eyes lit up as helped Elijah get the baby out, they cut the umbilical cord together, a single happy tear fell from Katerina's eyes from just hearing her child cry.

Carefully, Rebekah washed the baby down with water and cleaned the fluids off. She then carefully wrapped the baby in a linen cloth.

Rebekah cradled the baby, gently as she walked over to Katerina.

"You have a baby girl!" Rebekah beamed.

Katerina gulped her water down and sighed in content and relief.

She propped herself up on the bed, taking her baby from Rebekah's arms.
Her whole world seemed to come to a sudden holt as she look down into that beautiful face of her daughter's.

Her heart seemed to swell with adoration, her daughter wrapped her fingers around her Mama's thumb.
All of her worries about Oliver and any concerns about her future seemed to melt away, she now lived for this beautiful child she was blessed to call her own.

"My little girl!" She softly pressed her lips to her baby's forehead, breathing in the natural newborn baby smell of her soft hair.

____________________
|| A u t h o r ' s   N o t e ||
Hey guys,
I hope you liked this chapter.
Welcome to the world little Aurora!!
She's finally here ❤️❤️
|| VOTE ||
|| COMMENT ||
|| SHARE ||
Feel free to read any of my other books
( Especially Facilitate as it is completely my own story!)
Thank you.
~ Kira!x