Chapter 6: 4.20.2 The Rapture

I know it's not Wednesday but I loved seeing all of your comments on the last chapter and I love how you guys ship Dessandra so much. I'm just gonna say it now. Chapter 8 is my FAVORITE chapter. Be ready when it comes. I might skip Wednesday's update for this. Not sure. And don't forget to interact with the A/N at the end ☺️

Once Cassandra had calmed down enough to where she wouldn't try to attack Jimmy again Dean helped her off of the floor and they left the bathroom. The Hunter handed her a glass of water, snatching her phone up from the floor while she was distracted and pocketing it. Contact was why she had found out about her mom and Michelle and they couldn't have her finding out anything else. They'd get her a new phone and number the first chance they got, programming only Sam's, Dean's, Bobby's, and Castiel's numbers into it.

They all sat down to continue their conversation with Jimmy, Cassandra wedged in between Sam and Dean. Jimmy eyed her warily as he sat there, continuing to eat.

"You remember anything about being possessed? Anything at all?" Sam questioned. Jimmy nodded his head to the side, taking a sip of his drink.

"Yeah, bits and pieces. I mean, angel inside of you, it's kinda like being chained to a comet," Jimmy explained. Dean rose his eyebrows and glanced down at the table, tapping his finger twice before looking back up.

"Ah, that doesn't sound like much fun." Jimmy leaned forward slightly, a small smile on his lips.

"Understatement." Cassandra frowned. Jimmy was innocent, so what did he do to deserve being stuck as an angel's meatsuit? She shuddered at the thought. She couldn't imagine what it would be like to not have any control of her body. She thought back to Sandy and her heart clenched in her chest. Sandy was also innocent and she had been taken advantage of by the supernatural and because of that she's dead.

Jimmy took another bite of his burger. Cassandra was surprised that there was any left considering how fast he had been eating.

"Cas said he wanted to tell us something. Please tell me you remember that," Sam begged. Jimmy shook his head with a sorrowful look.

"Sorry."

"Come on, what do you know?" Dean demanded. Jimmy stopped, swallowing and staring straight ahead in thought. He glanced between the two Hunters before speaking.

"My name is Jimmy Novak. I'm from Pontiac, Illinois," he said slowly. "And I have a family." Sam, Dean, and Cassandra all exchanged wide-eyed glances. This man had a family and Castiel had taken him from them. They were probably worried sick. Cassandra sat there in silence, staring down at the top of the table as she fidgeted with her fingers underneath it. Her leg shook and she licked her lips, anger coursing through her veins. How could Cas be so heartless? Suddenly she got up, her chair screeching back as she raced out of the room. Sam and Dean looked at each other before rushing out of the room after her.

"Cassy!" Dean yelled. She kept walking until she got to the Impala, stopping and leaning her hands against the hood. She hung her head and stared down at the parking lot pavement. "Cassy, what the hell?" She shook her head.

"I'm sorry. I'm sorry. I just—" She sighed. "I don't understand. According to every damn Christian in Tennessee angels are supposed to be good. Not rip people from their families or slaughter them." Sam and Dean exchanged glances. "I just need a moment to myself. I don't mean to be a burden. I'm not exactly the most stable person. I'm sorry you're stuck with me."

"We'll find a way to make it work," Sam said. She nodded and Sam turned to Dean. "So, what do we do?" Dean furrowed his eyebrows.

"What do you mean? The guy's got a family. We buy him a bus ticket, send him home," Dean replied as if it were obvious. Sam nodded his head to the side, unsure of Dean's words. Cassandra's head snapped up at the lack of reply and stared at Sam in disbelief.