Chapter 9: 4.22.1 Lucifer Rising

Posting this mainly for the Author's Note so PLEASE READ. As some of you know, I'm in Broward County, Florida which will be getting a direct hit from Hurricane Irma which will be a CAT 5 when it hits us because of the warm waters in the Keys. I'm not evacuating so I will be riding out the storm at the house with my family and my biological great-aunt. To those of you that will be getting hit by Hurricane Irma, please stay safe. I hope you've prepared as much as possible and have finalized your plans. If you guys need anything after the hurricane, please message me and I will see what I can do to help. Please stay safe. I love you all ❤️💖 Okay, now go read ☺️

Singer Junkyard, Sioux Falls, South Dakota

May 13, 2009

Dean hadn't fallen asleep immediately like Cassandra had. He stayed up about an hour longer and watched their reflections in the mirror. He liked the smile that rested on her face as she slept, an expression he couldn't recall ever seeing on her. Dean's hand had been pressed against her chest, the pounding of her heart echoing into his skin. It didn't change speeds once. It never quickened at the sign of Cassandra having a nightmare of any sorts. She never flinched in her sleep or whimpered or screamed. She had slept peacefully for the first time in four years.

Dean let himself drift off shortly after he realized she was okay at the moment, his arms falling limp around her and his eyes fluttering closed. Light snores escaped his lips throughout the night. He was relaxed for the first time in weeks.

Bobby had come downstairs the next morning—six-thirty a.m. sharp—and shuffled around the house until he got to the kitchen, his stomach growling out for some food and coffee. He sighed and ran his hand over his head before pulling the signature baseball cap over it, stumbling for the pot of coffee. He stopped when he noticed the lack of bloody washcloths and a red-tinted bowl in the sink.

"Boy, if you just left a mess for me to clean up," Bobby grumbled under his breath, starting the coffee before trudging into the living room. Dean and Cassandra had never turned off the lights the night before, another curse word escaping Bobby's lips. His gaze landed on the Hunter and Nephilim squeezed onto the old couch, the latter curled into Dean's chest. Bobby chuckled and shook his head. "You sly dog."

Deciding they had enough rest for one night, he pounded his fist on the wall. Cassandra's eyes snapped open and she went to jump awake but Dean's arms kept her pinned to the couch. Dean's green eyes slowly opened, squinting at the bright light. Once they were adjusted to the lighting of the room around him he glanced over at Bobby. Dean groaned and let his head drop back down to the armrest of the couch.

"Good morning, sunshine," Bobby greeted with a smug grin. Cassandra wiggled in Dean's arms.

"Dean, let me go." He shook his head and snuggled further into her. She stopped struggling and let out a defeated huff, pursing her lips in thought. An evil smirk curled onto her busted lips and she turned her head towards the Hunter. "Dean," she muttered.

"Hm?" His eyes never opened.

"I think my period started," Cassandra whispered. Dean's eyes snapped open and he released her immediately. Cassandra giggled and got up, stretching out her arms with a yawn. "Just kidding." Dean rolled his eyes and sat up, rubbing the sleep from his eyes.

"Well, you're rude." She shrugged and glanced over at Bobby who watched them in the doorway. Cassandra looked between Bobby and Dean awkwardly, clearing her throat. Bobby watched with an amused smile. "Hey, Bobby," Dean said, his voice groggy and tired.

"Dean, you never introduced me to your girlfriend," Bobby replied. Cassandra's eyes widened and her lips parted but no words came out. With a small nudge on her hip from Dean, Cassandra managed to get a few words out.