Chapter 39: 5.21.2 Two Minutes to Midnight

I'm giving you an update a day early and then not updating tomorrow. I need to see some of your comments. I'm losing motivation in my writing.

Mansion in Lincoln, Nebraska

Cassandra landed in the main room of her mansion and instantly she knew that something wasn't right. She could feel a presence in the building, one that wasn't supposed to be there. It was almost Heavenly, a presence that she never wanted to feel again. She quickly and silently crept over to the case that held her weapons and unlocked it, pulling the sword from its spot between the batons and the bow. She sealed it back up and followed the  energy  of the Grace towards her room. Her heart pounded in her chest. She was still wary around other angels and she didn't feel ready to go up against another one.

The Nephilim stopped outside the hallway to her room, pressing her back against the wall as she peeked around the corner. The angel struggled to get into her room and she smirked.

"It's angel-proofed," Cassandra said, stepping out from her hiding place. The angel spun around, scowling and pulling out his own angel blade.

"Cassandra," he growled. "We were told you were dead. Michael killed you."

"Well, then tell Daddy he failed at that, too." Cassandra paused and studied the angel before cocking her head to the side slightly. "Actually, I can give that message to him myself. I think I'll just kill you," the blonde told him. She spun the sword around in her grasp before lunging for the angel. He quickly ducked out of the way and sliced at her but she avoided it, scowling. "Nice try."

"You're weak," the angel spat. "I can tell. You're not even healed yet."

"It doesn't mean I can't kill you."

"Hit me with your best shot, Sweetheart."

With rage pumping through her at the sound of the nickname, Cassandra swung at the angel and she managed to knick his vessel, the bright glue of his Grace shining through. He glanced down at the wound before looking up. Cassandra used his distraction to her advantage and she lunged forward and drove the sword through the vessel. The angel blade slipped from his grasp and clattered to the floor loudly as the celestial being screamed out, a bright white light shining through his vessel. He fell limp on the sword and she yanked it from the body, watching as it collapsed to the ground. Angel wings were scorched into the wall and floor and the blonde frowned slightly.

"My floor," she whined as she glared down at the body. Snapping out of it, Cassandra quickly raced down to the basement in search of the black box that Gabriel had told her about. She flipped on the lightswitch, squinting at the bright light as it flickered twice before settling into constant illumination. Her gaze landed on a small black box tucked in the corner of the room, an angel banishing sigil painted in what seemed to be blood across the front. Cassandra quickly hurried over to it and picked it up, flipping it open.

She pulled out a piece of paper.

Use it wisely and kick their ass.

—Gabriel

Cassandra smiled slightly before setting the paper aside and pulling out a small vial. It glowed bright white with part of Lucifer's Grace and she could practically hear it calling out her name. The Nephilim tossed the box to the side and popped off the cork, watching the wispy light float out before circling back around towards her. Her lips parted as she inhaled it and she threw her head back from the powerful force, dropping the vial to the ground. She couldn't hear it shatter as she was too consumed by the Grace working its way through her body to focus on anything else.

A shadow of a pair of angel wings were cast on the wall behind her as her body let off a warm blue light.

Suddenly the power faded out, still coursing through her veins, and she fell to her knees, panting in a desperate attempt to catch her breath. Cassandra stared at the shattered glass with wide eyes. If only part of Lucifer's Grace was that powerful then how strong would he be at full power? The thought frightened Cassandra but she pushed herself from the ground and glanced around. She could hear footsteps upstairs and a celestial presence.