Chapter 37: These Are The Lies

Can we pretend it's Wednesday and I'll just update today and not tomorrow? Yeah? Thanks

Heaven

Adam and Cassandra were both thrown onto a bright white floor, both of them rolling a few times before coming to a stop after Adam ran into a wall and Cassandra into a desk leg. Adam groaned and clutched his stomach but Cassandra jumped up, glancing around. Her gaze landed on Adam and she gasped.

"Adam!" she yelled, racing over to the youngest Winchester. She helped him sit up and kneeled down in front of him, checking him for any injuries. His eyes fluttered open weakly and she breathed a sigh of relief to see that he was alive.

"Cass?" Adam muttered, reaching out and touching her cheek. She nodded and placed her hand on his. "Dammit. I was hoping it was all a dream."

"Me, too," the blonde admitted with a slight chuckle. She pulled him up from the floor and slung an arm over her shoulder, glancing around the room. It was Michael's office. "We need to find a way out of here."

"Where's 'here'?"

"Um, Heaven," Cassandra replied, starting towards the door. "I've been here a few times before. I think I know the way out." She flung open the door, greeted by the face of her father. Her eyes widened and she gulped, taking a wary step back. "Or not."

"Is it just me or do you seem to slut around with all of the Winchesters? What's next? You're gonna tell me you know Sammy from holiday dinners with Jessica while in college?" Michael asked. Cassandra slowly stepped back with Adam, stopping when she ran into his desk. Adam grunted and she sent him an apologetic glance. Michael shut the door behind him. "We need to have a talk." He looked to Adam. "Alone."

The archangel snapped his fingers and Adam disappeared with a flash. Cassandra jumped and glanced around the room desperately but Michael grabbed her attention first. "Your friend is fine, Cassandra. He's safe."

"You can't use him as a vessel."

"Why not? He's of the Cain and Abel bloodline and last I checked the current vessels for my brothers and I have the last name Winchester. Adam's father is John, yes?" Cassandra stayed silent. She truly didn't know the answer to that. She knew Adam as a Milligan from the moment she had met him back in Senior year of high school. Michael sighed and clapped his hands together, shrugging. "No matter. Let's talk about you and Dean. How are you two?"

"Not sure."

"Right," Michael said, dragging out the word. Cassandra ducked under his arm and walked behind him, making her way to the door. It didn't budge. She let out a defeated huff and turned back towards her father. "I remember you screaming out to me for help while Dean restrained you, but by the time I managed to get a location on your signal you were gone. Almost as if you were dead."

"They warded my powers; locked me in an angel and demon proof iron room for a week," Cassandra explained. Michael nodded and licked his lips, pointing towards the blonde.

"You weren't giving into them and yet by the time I made it down to Van Nuys you were trying to help the Winchesters escape. In my eyes that looked to me like you were changing sides. Not to mention the fact that you stole the energy of Zachariah's Grace to power yourself up as you stood around and watched him die."

"He was a horrible angel, really," Cassandra said simply, folding her arms across her chest and raising her chin slightly. "And I wasn't changing sides. I still help the Winchesters because I love them and they love me."

"Last I checked, loving someone doesn't mean locking them up as a prisoner for a week and sedating them when they just want to leave. Does that sound like family love to you, Cassandra?" Michael retorted. She scoffed, shaking her head.