Chapter 22: 5.9.1 The Real Ghostbusters

I'm in a very good mood because it's 58°F here in south Florida this morning and I love the cold and this rarely happens so here's an extra update since this cold is so amazing

Vermilion, Ohio

Cassandra suddenly appeared in the backseat of the Impala, her duffel bag landing next to her. She grinned at the boys. "Hey, guys." Dean jumped and the car swerved slightly, Cassandra's hand shooting out to keep herself from slamming into the door. Sam gasped and spun around in his seat to see the blonde staring back at them with wide eyes. Dean grumbled a few curse words and glanced back at the Nephilim in the rearview mirror.

"Who took you?" were the first words out of his mouth.

"Michael." She stopped, nodding her head to the side. "Well, it was Raphael but Michael was the one behind it. He was making me an offer." Sam raised his eyebrows, gesturing for her to continue. Cassandra rolled her eyes at the Hunter. "I declined, chill. I swear, he pegs me as an idiot." She cleared her throat. "So...where are we headed?"

"Chuck texted. Said it was urgent and that we needed to haul ass to the Pineview Hotel in Vermilion, Ohio," Sam explained. Cassandra nodded slowly and her gaze drifted between to the two Hunters before landing on Dean.

"Do you have my angel blade? I couldn't find it in the mansion." Dean nodded and dug through his jacket before pulling out the silver blade, the metal sparkling in the light. He handed it to the Nephilim in the backseat and she sent him a grateful smile before slipping it in her leather jacket. "How far are we?"

"Pulling in...now," Dean told her, making a sharp right turn into a parking light. They passed a wooden sign that welcomed them to the hotel and Dean skidded to a halt in a random parking space, the two Hunters and Nephilim practically throwing themselves out of the Impala. Cassandra slammed her door shut and pulled out the angel blade, ready to stab any threat to them.

Dean stopped at the sight of a line of four nineteen-sixty-seven Chevy Impalas, one parked next to the other. Cassandra slowed slightly but grabbed onto Dean's arm. "Hey. Come on," she ushered, nodding her head towards the hotel. Dean nodded and followed after the blonde and his gaze briefly drifted to her ass before focusing on the hotel. Now wasn't the time.

Chuck Shurley paced back and forth at the bottom of the steps leading up to the hotel, almost as if he were nervous. Cassandra, Sam, and Dean all stopped abruptly at the sight of Chuck. "Chuck! There you are," Sam exclaimed. Chuck quit pacing and looked up to the trio with wide eyes.

"Guys?" he questioned.

"What's going on?" Cassandra demanded. Chuck shrugged, still staring up at them in shock.

"Ah, nothing. You know, I'm just kinda hanging. What are you guys doing here?" Dean and Cassandra exchanged confused glances before looking back to the Prophet. As far as Cassandra was informed, Chuck knew of their arrival. He was aware that they were supposed to be coming, as requested.

"You told us to come," Dean replied as if it were obvious. Chuck hesitated slightly before shaking his head.

"Ah, no I didn't."

"Yeah you did, you texted me," Sam argued. "This address, life or death situation. Any of this ringing a bell?" Chuck shook his head again, glancing between the trio before his gaze fell to the angel blade in Cassandra's grasp. He gulped and looked back up to the Hunters.

"I didn't send you a text."

"We drove all night!" Dean yelled.

"I'm sorry, I don't understand what could—" Realization hit and Chuck's face fell from confusion to what seemed to be worry and fear. "Oh no."