Chapter 20: "Wow. You really are a bitch."

I'm having a really bad day so I'm gonna update again because I know I'm gonna get a comment or two on one of the scenes here and it'll make me happy.

The next morning Cassandra had been up before Sam and Dean, much to her surprise. She felt completely fine, almost as if she hadn't drank her life away just less than twenty-four hours earlier. She pulled her wet hair up into a ponytail and stepped out of her room to see Sam and Dean passed out on the couches, Dean's arm hanging over the side as light snores escaped his lips. Her gaze drifted over to Sam who slept soundly, turned to face the back cushions of the couch. She liked them better sleeping.

Heading into the kitchen, Cassandra pulled a bowl from the cabinet above the sink before opening the fridge and snatching up the last of the milk. She started to pour cereal into the bowl when someone cleared their throat. She stopped and glanced up to see Dean staring at her with raised eyebrows, his hair wild and all over the place almost as if he had just had sex.

"Cereal? Really?" he questioned. He let out a yawn and stretched his arms out. Cassandra only shrugged and poured in the milk before grabbing a spoon from the drawer in front of her, closing it with her hip.

"Blandest thing I have and I won't puke it up," the blonde replied simply. Dean sighed and walked in the kitchen, opening the fridge. "You can make whatever you want for you and Sam. There's also a diner down the street and they have pretty good food." She rested her arms on the counter, taking a bite of her cereal. Dean's gaze drifted over her body. She seemed to be in workout clothes: a pair of black leggings and a navy blue tank top paired with white sneakers, her hair tied back in a ponytail.

"Where are the pans?" Dean asked. Cassandra pointed to a drawer underneath the stove.

"Cooking spray is in the cabinet above you. Help yourself to whatever. It's not like I'll eat it." The Nephilim continued to eat her breakfast in silence, only speaking if Dean asked where something was. Sam joined the two about fifteen minutes later just as Cassandra placed her bowl in the sink.

"You sleep good?" he asked the Nephilim as she walked by him. Cassandra sighed and shook her head.

"No sleep for me. You know there are rooms with beds upstairs, right? You didn't have to sleep on those old couches," she replied. Sam shrugged and stood up, following the scent of bacon into the kitchen.

"It was easier this way. You know, just in case you needed something or we needed you." Cassandra nodded slowly before walking over to the display case where she had left her angel blade. "What is all of that?"

"These are weapons left to me by Daddy Dearest himself. This whole mansion is mine, according to Castiel. Warded to all angels and demons, giving me free reign and letting me use whatever powers I wanted. It's old as fuck but it works," she explained, pulling the blade from the case before closing it and locking it with a magic seal. Sam rose his eyebrows in shock.

"You know magic?" She shook her head.

"Castiel taught me this one spell so I can keep it locked. We haven't actually used anything in there yet. Just a regular kitchen knife so we don't kill each other." Dean stopped cutting the strawberries and glanced down at the knife warily. Cassandra chuckled. "Not that one. Don't worry. I don't mix it up with the others." Sam chuckled and sighed, leaning against the counter as he watched the blonde.

"Don't weapons hurt you unlike Cas?" Cassandra nodded. "And you let him just stab you?" She shrugged.

"Training is training. He's taught me to heal myself and I have. Then we get up and go again." Cassandra eyed Sam, cocking her head to the side as she studied him. He arched an eyebrow at her, glancing over to Dean who seemed too distracted cooking his food. "You can fight."