Chapter 23: 5.9.2 The Real Ghostbusters

HAPPY HALLOWEEN! Even though I can't celebrate it today because I'm gonna be on the road all day to go to Orlando for States

Pineview Motel, Vermilion, Ohio

Cassandra stopped crawling through the small hole in the wall and glanced over her shoulder to see Dean's gaze locked on her ass. She kicked her foot back, nudging his chest with her heel. "Dude," she said, staring at him with her eyebrows raised. Dean shrugged innocently.

    "What? I'm killing my knees; I might as well enjoy the view," he defended. Sam chuckled from behind Dean and Cassandra just rolled her eyes and scoffed, shaking her head before crawling into the attic and standing up. Sam grunted as he hit his head, rubbing it once he stood up himself and took his spot next to Cassandra and Dean. Cassandra coughed and waved her hand in front of her face, trying to smack the dust away. Dean snickered which earned a harsh nudge from the blonde. Sam pulled out the EMF detector and glanced around. The red lights flashed, the small device whirring and screeching like crazy.

    "The EMF's going nuts," Sam said. Dean stopped and turned towards his brother, rolling his eyes.

"Great. We got a real ghost and we got a bunch of dudes pretending to be us poking at it," Dean replied. Cassandra sighed and nodded.

"No way this ends well," she muttered.

"Yeah, well, serves them right," Dean snapped. Cassandra turned and stared at him in disbelief as they wandered further into the attic.

"Dean!" Cassandra scolded. He shrugged, never turning back to look at the blonde.

"I'm just saying."

Cassandra, Sam, and Dean all continued to wander around the hotel's attic, shining their flashlights over anything and everything they could find. Cassandra wrinkled her nose at all of the cobwebs, waving her hands in front of her as she walked straight into one. Dean noticed this action and snickered, shaking his head. She rolled her eyes.

"Oh, can it, Winchester," she hissed. Dean smirked up at her.

"What? Does the princess not like spider webs and bugs?" he retorted. Cassandra scowled at him and continued through the attic.

"My mommy loves me." The blonde gasped and spun around to see a little boy sitting in the corner, his hands holding his head. Dean and Sam rushed over to the Nephilim and ghost, shining their flashlights on him and staring back at him warily. "I said my mommy loves me." Cassandra nodded, gulping.

"I'm sure she does," she replied smoothly and calmly.

"My mommy loves me this much!" He removed his hands from his head and held his arms out to reveal that he had been scalped. Cassandra jumped back, her eyes widening as her lips parted slightly in shock. Suddenly he disappeared into thin air.

~*~

    Cassandra and Chuck watched in disgust as Becky stared dreamily towards Sam who paced the length of the main room, phone pressed against his ear. Sam glanced over towards the fangirl and gave her a curt nod, furrowing his eyebrows when she licked her palm before flattening it out and blowing on it as if she were blowing him a kiss. Sam eyed her in disgust and confusion before shaking it off. Chuck sighed.

    "Awesome," Chuck muttered. Cassandra glanced between the Prophet and the fangirl before snorting. Chuck glanced down at her. "What?" She arched an eyebrow.

    "Dude, really? You have a thing for her?" Cassandra asked in a hushed whisper. "She's not...normal."

    "And you are?" Chuck retorted. Cassandra scowled up at him and he raised his arms up in surrender. Chuck sighed and shook his head. "In case you haven't noticed, Cassandra, I don't have as much luck with women as you do with men." The blonde laughed.