Chapter 32: 5.16.1 Dark Side of the Moon

Merry Christmas to those of you that celebrate it. Here's my gift.

Foreclosed Mansion in Lincoln, Nebraska

Cassandra Moore paced around the main room of her mansion, stopping when her father suddenly appeared in front of her. His face was soft, full of regret. Cassandra only scowled and shook her head. "I had no idea," Michael defended as if he had read her mind.

"Great idea, Michael! Let's just show up on my dad's porch, tell him I'm a Nephilim, and he's totally okay with it, and then apologize! I'm pissed."

"I know."

"Fuck you," she spat. Michael frowned slightly. "I was getting better and then you just had to reopen old wounds. What are you trying to prove here? What game are you playing?" She narrowed her eyes at her father, stepping forward as she searched his eyes.

"Nothing. I swear, I didn't know that'd happen, Cassandra. I thought it would help you. That didn't seem like Daniel at all," Michael explained. Cassandra scoffed and looked away, licking her lips as she shook her head in disbelief. "I wouldn't lie to you. When have I lied to you?"

"Why do you keep visiting me? You have no new information. What do you think would happen if Sam, Dean, or Castiel came in and saw us conversing? What do you think they'd assume?" Michael pursed his lips but he didn't have an answer for her. "Don't just stand there and look pretty. Speak to me! Tell me!"

"You're my daughter, Cassandra. Is it a crime to want to see you?" Michael questioned.

"When you're working with Heaven in secret, yes. Sam and Dean would do only God knows what to me if they found out." Michael shook his head, licking his lips.

"Sam and Dean can't do much of anything right now," Michael said. Cassandra's breath hitched in her throat and her fists clenched at her sides.

"What did you do to them?"

"I didn't do anything. Two Hunters did. They're up in Heaven, Cassandra. They're dead. I wouldn't suggest playing hero, either," Michael told her just as she started to walk off to her room. He followed her, shaking his head. "Zachariah will hunt you down, too."

"Let him," she growled, stepping past the doorway of her room. "He can't kill me.You won't let him, will you?" Michael went to step in but stopped, staggering back after running into an invisible barrier. Cassandra stopped, a smirk crossing her lips, and she turned to see Michael studying the doorway in confusion. "Just like you can't do anything to me while I'm in this room. No angels allowed. Sorry." She snatched up her angel blade and phone from her nightstand, sent her father a wink, and disappearing into thin air, leaving nothing but the flutter of her wings. Michael let out an exasperated sigh.

"You're going to get yourself killed playing both sides," he grumbled before he, too, disappeared.

Somehow Cassandra had managed to track Sam and Dean down to an old run-down motel, but she only made it to the parking lot. She frowned slightly as her eyes scanned the area but she breathed a sigh of relief upon the sight of Baby parked in front of motel room five.

Glancing both ways, the Nephilim crossed the street and knocked on the door before stepping back and waiting patiently. She heard two voices whispering to each other, but she didn't recognize them.

"Shit. We can't exactly answer the door. They'll see them," a male voice hissed. Cassandra furrowed her eyebrows and jiggled the handle, scowling when she found that it was locked. Both men tensed at the sound and turned towards the door.