Chapter 24

"Maddison open the door." Harry says softly.

The moment we got back to his house I ran upstairs to the bathroom and locked the door. I don't know why I'm in here. I start the bath running it hot but making sure its not too hot. When I don't hear Harry's voice anymore I unlock the door. It's pushed open by Harry who pulls me to his chest.

"I'm sorry baby I'm so sorry." he hugs me tightly.

As much as I want to cry I can't anymore. I just can't. I pull away from him and strip down walking to the bath I step in and pull my knees to my chest when I sit down. My heart hurts, everything inside just hurts.

"Maddison don't shut down on me please." Harry sits beside the tub.

I can't find words because right now I don't have any. I'm partially aware of the dull ache on the side of my face. It's a bruise I know what it is, put there by someone I don't think I could ever forgive. Someone who took what ounce of emotion I had left for him away, he blew it. I'll have nightmares for the rest of my life about it because of him. How could he?

"I'm not leaving your side Maddison, you hear me? As much as I know you want to be alone I'm not. Even if you want me to leave I'm not. I'm here." he says.

I want to talk but I can't I simply can't. I'm rendered speechless. Others call it shock but I call it hurt. It's a trauma that happens to the most undeserving, the most unexpected people. He's robbed me of what feels like everything. His words will not leave my head, I'll kill your baby goes over and over in my head.  It goes over and over. I lace my fingers through my hair trying to block it, make it stop.

"NO!" I yell, "NO!" I yell again.

I grab the rag from the edge of the bath and begin washing rather roughly, Harry grabs my hands constricting me from any movement. He doesn't hold them roughly, he's gentle. My trembling hands shake between his strong gentle ones. I stare at them and feel the tears rise for the first time in ages.

"And all I could do was say that these arms were made for holding you." Harry sings.

He tags the rag and washes me slowly and gently as he can.

"Come on you're all clean." Harry says softly.

I stand slowly my arms covering my chest. Harry holds a towel open for me and I walk into it. He wraps it around my body and I hug it to my body tightly.

I change into some baggy clothes, Harry as he said hasn't left me at all

I change into some baggy clothes, Harry as he said hasn't left me at all. I feel Penny kick and it reminds me that I'm hurt because I was keeping her safe. Any mother would do anything for her child. I begin crying again but it isn't because of him, it's because I saved her. Our precious Penny is still growing, moving, and living because of me. I start crying harder it's a cry for her, our Penny. I put my hands on my belly, her small little feet kick my hands from inside me. It's a precious precious thing. Harry watches me and stands from my bed walking over to me, he pulls me to him. Hugging me tightly he nuzzles his nose into my hair.