Chapter 36

My alarm sounds almost not waking me up. I had to keep it low so it wouldn't wake Penny. She's already a month old. Today is my first day on the job, I'm nervous to leave her and about going to work.

Carefully I peel myself away from Harry. He grumbles and turns over on his side. I haven't really been to work since the library. I start the shower and think about how I never celebrated Harry's birthday. I was so busy caring for Penny she was born on his birthday but I was so wrapped up in her.

I make a mental note to get some stuff to celebrate tonight. I step out the shower and wrap a towel around me padding to the closet. Formal but not too formal I think to myself. I sift through the hangers of the many dresses I've got. I stop at my purple pencil dress it's perfect. I pair it with some heels and choose a decent coat.

I'm all set

I'm all set. The nervousness sets in even more. I've never left Penny at all since she's been born so leaving her now is really hard. When I walk back out the closet Harry's up and holding Penny cooing at her. I smile at the sight.

"You look sexy, office lady." Harry says looking up at me.

I bite my lip and walk over to him.

"Thanks." I say.

"I can see you're nervous about leaving her. Take this." he hands me a framed picture of him and Penelope.

It's perfect Harry's smiling widely and Penny is grinning. It's a selfie one he's never showed me. I love it. I'll definitely put this on my desk. I check the time I need to get going.

"I got to get going." I say.

Harry smiles and lifts Penny so I can kiss her. I give her a kiss on the top of her head and let it linger for a moment before pulling back.

"I'll drop her off at the sitters before I go to the office." he says.

I nod and lean in for him to kiss me. He kisses me deeply and pulls back kissing my head.

"Have a good day baby, I love you." Harry says.

"I love you more." I smile.

"I love you most." he pecks my cheek and I leave.

Getting in my car I make sure I have Penny's car seat and I do. I drive to the coffee shop and get me a coffee before heading to work. I haven't had coffee since I got pregnant with Penny I've missed it.

"You've got to be kidding me." I say to myself when I see that all the parking out front is taken.

I grumble and pay the entire 25 dollars for the amount of time I need to be parked in the garage across the street. Convenient for the parking but not for the costs. It's not even owned by the company. I grab my things and start across the street and walk inside work. I swear my nerves are getting more worse by the minute. As the elevator dings open I take a quick deep breath before stepping off.