Chapter 43

Over the months we get everything else settled for the wedding. A venue for the ceremony and reception, food, a final count of guests, and so on.

The wedding is just a month away. Harry has his last court case against Ellie today. He's been looking at a bigger place, one with more rooms. The one we have now doesn't have enough rooms for all of us including his son.

"Okay, I'm heading out." Harry says adjusting his suit jacket.

"You'll get him I know it." I assure.

~
3 hours later the elevator dings open. This will be my first time meeting Max. I hold Penny on my hip waiting for them to step off. When he does after a long minute i gasp lowly with him is Max. He won. I couldn't be more happy at this. I smile widely approaching them as Max grabs onto Harry's leg hiding behind it.

"Hello there," I crouch down with Penny still on my hip, "I'm Maddison but you can call me Maddi if you'd like."

I look up at Harry who smiles down at me and he nods.

"Come on little man let me show you around." Harry says to Max.

Harry starts up the steps with him Max hasn't let go of his father since they stepped off. I really hope he comes around.

"Who's that little boy?" my mum questions from behind me.

I jump and turn facing her.

"Sorry you scared me I didn't know you were in here." I say.

"Sorry I didn't mean to scare you I was just in the kitchen trying to find stuff to make cookies," she explains, "now who's that boy?"

"It's a very long story mum, not mine to tell. Ask Harry." I say.

"What?" she says confused as ever.

"Don't worry tell him I told you to ask him. I'll go get the stuff for your cookies." I say heading towards the kitchen.

There I find and take out everything she needs to make the cookies she wants. She begins making them as I sit on the barstool in front of her just as Harry and Max start back down the steps. They come in the kitchen joining us, Max still clinging to Harry. It's all new to him, me, the place, everything is so new to him. It takes children a while to get used to new things.

"Harry I've started the cookie dough all that's to be done now is to put them on the pan. Would you and this little one here like to do that?" my mum smiles.

"Sure yeah." Harry smiles at Max as they round the counter.

"Maddison can we talk a second?" she says.

I give her a nod hopping off the stool following her out on the balcony.

"Mum what is it?" I say.

"I was cleaning up a bit earlier while you were running errands with Harry and I saw something in one the drawers," she looks down at her hands then back up at me, "come let me show you."

It hits me just as we near our room, she's found Harry's toys. Shit. I press my lips into a line as she reaches down opening the drawer filled with whips, and every other sex toy possible.

"Are they yours?" she questions.

"Mum." I say.

"Maddison Juliet Quinn, are they yours?" she repeats.

"No! Of course not," I swallow and pause a moment sighing, "they're Harrys."

She shuts the drawer and looks at me blankly.