Chapter 3 : Dad?

Doncaster

On Monday morning sharp at 7 a.m, Louis' alarm goes off. He instantly grabbed his phone from the bedside table to shut it off.

"Time to wake up, Lou," he mumbled to himself. He stifled his yawn and stretched his back before sitting up on the bed. He put his feet on the floor and hissed at the coldness.

He walked to the window and parted the curtain the side. Beautiful morning's sunshine entered the room making it looking cosy. He made his way towards the bed to make it before picking his towel and exited his room to take a shower in their family shared bathroom before his sisters claim the bathroom to get ready to school.

After his shower, he went back into his bedroom with a white towel wrapped around his whole body. He put a white panties on before he picked his outfit for work and laid them on his bed. He picked a simple black crop shirt and a pair of jeans short to pair with his black vans.

 He picked a simple black crop shirt and a pair of jeans short to pair with his black vans

Louis was into fashion. He knew what was latest in trend and fashion tips through his reading. Because of that he knew where to find a cheap but pretty clothes store. He even loved to buy pre-loved items because they're cheaper. Even his sister liked to borrow his clothes.

After he changed, he grabbed his comb and styled his hair into a cute fringe across his forehead before applying a light coat of cherry lip balm on his lips and sprayed his body cologne.

He made his way towards the kitchen, seeing his father was waiting for the water to boil. He's already in his work clothes, "Morning Dad," he said before opening the fridge for a banana as a breakfast.

"Morning Lou," Mark beamed towards him, "Have your sister awake?" He asked.

"Yeah, I heard they hog the bathroom". Louis rolled his eyes fondly.

"Your sisters," Mark just chuckled fondly. "Lou, I just want you to know that I might come home late tonight for overtime. So you kids can have dinner first."

"Okay Dad." Louis said before getting up to make a cup of coffee for his father and tea for himself. While stirring his tea, his thought wondered to his plan to get a second job to help his father.

......................................................................

"Thank you, please come again

"Thank you, please come again." Louis smiled politely to the bookstore's last customer for the day.

"Lou, can you close the store today? I need to go home early because my daughter is coming to town. The bookstore owner, Meredith called her while taking her apron off. Meredith is a middle-aged woman in her fifties. He'd been really kind towards Louis and treated him as his own grandchild.

"Yes sure Meredith no problem, I'll see you tomorrow," said Louis while looking at her.

"Thank you Lou, take care and see you tomorrow," Meredith smiled before she grabbed her purse and left the store.

Louis looked at the time, it was 5.30 p.m and they closed at 6. So he went to the small closet behind the store to grab a broom. He started to swipe the floor before organizing the scattered books that just arrived into their box.

At 6 p.m he turned off all the electric source before locked the door securely. While walking home, he's thinking to make spaghetti and meat sauce for dinner, his sisters' favourite.

......................................................................

He could hear his sisters' voice when he opened the door to their flat. "I'm home! He shouted.

"Louu!!!" Daisy and Phoebe were running towards him before hugging his legs. "We're hungry and neither Lottie nor Fizzy knows how to cook." The twins complained.

"Hey, I want to cook but the kids said to wait for Lou". Lottie appeared from the living room.

Louis just chuckled at their antics.
"Okay, come on now let's cook and eat together. Dad told me to not wait for him for dinner." Louis told his sisters.

"Yeah, we know. Dad already told us". Fizzy told him.

......................................................................

Dinner was a success and after herding his sisters to prepare for their night. Louis started to wash the dishes. Just as he rinse the last plate, his mobile rang off. He put the plate down and looked at an unknown number. "Who mights calling?" He mumbled.

"Hello," Louis said after picking up the phone.

"Good evening. Is this Mr. Mark Tomlinson's son?" The voice asked politely.

"Yes, I am his son, Louis. Who are you and what about my father." Louis frowned.

"I'm Dr. James and I'm calling from Doncaster Hospital. Your father was admitted here and we need you to come here for some matters." The voice replied and to say that Louis was about to faint was an understatement.

Author's note :
Sooo?
How is it?
Do you guys like it?
What do you think happened to Louis's father? 😏😏😏.
Find it out on the next chapter.

Thank you for reading.. XOXO Adya. 😘😘