Chapter 7 : Promise Ring

(Lou's OOTD ^^^)

Doncaster

Louis can felt his heart beating loudly inside his chest. Nervous is an understatement to describe his feeling. He's got a weird feeling from Mr. Styles visit to his house this time because he's brought his wife, Mrs. Anne Styles along.

He wondered what are the purpose of them visiting together. He can felt something weird when he's shaking hand with Mrs. Styles. The sweet smiles that she gave makes him felt weird.

Not in an uncomfortable way but the ways Anne looking at him from head to toes and keep smiling fondly at him makes he felt that their visit this time got something to do with him. But what? That he's going to find out later.

After he served the Yorkshire tea and some homemade butter cookies and blueberry muffins on the coffee table, he's not wasting any time to excuse himself into his bedroom after his father told him the elders were going to discuss about something important. But not before he's been bombarded with some questions from Anne Styles.

"Oh my God, my dear did you look at him? He's so delicate and pretty and those blue eyes. Just imagines our future grandchildren. I'm so excited for him to be a part of our family and I'm sure Harry too!" Anne squealed excitedly towards his husband after Louis was out of their eyesight.

She's been holding his fondness in since she saw the baby blue eyes greeting them at the front door when they arrived. She's sure she would have squeezed Louis into a hug if not for her husband tight hold on her hand. It's not his fault that Louis looked so huggable.

Des touched his wife's thight, "Calm down Anne, don't forget of our intentions coming here is to ask Mark for his beloved son into marriage with our own son," Des smiled calmly towards his excited wife before both of started to give their full attentions toward Mark who all this time has been smiling softly looking at their antics.

Mark just watched his guests conversations with a smile. But deep in his heart, he felt quiet proud when his only son was being praised. He's thankful to his late wife, Johannah who Louis has spending time a lot with and nurture him into who he is now.

"So Mark, what do you think of our proposition?" Des asked after he sipped his warm tea.

"We really hope that you can accept our request. But we need to know Louis's answers too." He added.

Mark felt conflicted. Mr. Styles family has been really kind to him. He's been helping him a lot even before the incident happens. Mr. Styles was a generous employer and all his employee like him.

There have been many times he asked for an early pay for his children's school fees. Mr. Styles passed his requests without doubts. He even gave him extra bonus many times before because he knows his life difficulties.

Mark doesn't know what to say. What kind of answer must he give. He must ask Louis first. He knew that Louis was really close with Liam, but he doesn't know to what extent. If up to him, he agree to marry Louis off to Harry Styles. He's one of the successful young businessman in England right know. He's also an heir to Styles Corporation, a multimillion corporation. If Louis marry him, he don't have to live a hard life. Louis also can further his study in London, his life-long dream. He sighed. He remembered their conversations before.

"How's Liam nowadays?" Mark asked Louis one day when he was reading a book in the living room.

"Oh, he's doing just fine. He's preparing for his graduation ceremony in London." Louis said without lifting his face from the book.

"What is your relationship with Liam?" Mark asked suddenly.

Louis nearly threw his book to the floor, "What, what do you mean Dad?" his face flushed acting innocent. The truth is they has been texting regularly, but Liam doesn't seem to make any move yet.