Chapter 25 : Flowers

London

A large box of flowers was sitting on Louis' lap. He sniffed the flowers, the elegant smells invaded his nose calming his mind. A face appeared in his mind. Harry! Without noticing he pronounced the name.

Harry had not coming home for nearly a week and in that span of time, bouquets of flowers had sent to his house everyday. Every evening, a delivery man would rang the bell, bringing a bouquet for him.

"For me?" Louis asked the man unbelieving. He never thought that Harry will send him flowers everyday. Maybe to coax him.

The delivery man smiled politely "Yes! Pretty isn't it? This is the most expensive bouquet we've ever made. You're so lucky to have such a romantic husband."

Louis was still blinking looking at the box of flowers in front of him. Didn't know what to say.

"Oh, please sign here," the man said while giving him a blue pen.

Louis nodded. He carried the large box into the house after he thanked the delivery man. For the first time, he had gifted with a huge flower bouquet. Pretty! His heart praised. He caressed the velvety petals.

He saw a card had inserted among the flowers

He saw a card had inserted among the flowers. He opened the white card before he stared at the sentences written with a black pen.

Please forgive me.
I need you by my side.

His heart touched. He considered what he should do. Should he accept Harry's apology? Not as easy as that! Should he give him the chance to prove himself? Ermm... maybe! Do they still had the chance to be together in the marriage? He did not sure.

Louis had waited for Harry to come home for a week. Maybe he was still embarrassed to show his face after Louis scolded him. Only bouquets was visiting him every evening with a card that had the same sentences. That was making Louis felt guilty. He swallowed his ego. He braved himself to call Harry's office and leave a message to his secretary to tell Harry to come home after work.

The clock was showing 6 p.m. Harry was still not coming. Louis grew restless. There were so many things that they needed to talk. While he was walking back and forth in the living room, he heard a car was entering his porch. He quickly sat down on the couch, swinging his feet. Pretending calm while there was a storm in his heart.

Harry entered the living room, his face seems tired but he threw a soft smile towards Louis.

"Thanks for the bouquets." Louis said simply. He motioned the bouquet on the coffee table to Harry.

"Do you like it?" Harry asked him.

Louis nodded his head. "But... you don't have to waste your money like this."

Harry approached Louis before he sat on the couch beside him keeping a safe distance between them. "Whatever you like, I'm willing to do it. If there's a way to soften you heart."