Chapter 23 : Beside You

London

Harry was tugging on his hair frustrated. He does not know what was wrong with him. He did not expect that he would lost his control. His foot stepped on the gas pedal, increasing the speed. When he arrived at a junction in Regent's Park, he turned to the right entering the road to Xander's apartment. Xander's face appeared in his mind but just for a second. Louis face was occupying his mind. Shit! He stepped on the pedal harder. His car was sliding on the road through the quiet night.

He has determined. That night, he will ask Xander properly. Does he really want to marry him? If he does, he will release Louis as soon as possible. He cannot bear to live with Louis anymore. His feelings started to feel weird. He knew, sooner or later the budding feelings will fully blossomed. And when that happens, he will not let Louis go. His lips saying hate but his heart...

He turned the engines down. The parking area was quite empty. The area has lighted with dim lamp. He got out from his car, closing the door before he leaned towards the rear mirror checking himself. Messy!

He entered the elevator punching the number 8. He arrived at Xander's front door. He twisted the door knob. Unlocked! He entered the door standing in the dark foyer. The kitchen's light was on, he went there. There was no Xander but just some unwashed dishes in the sink.

"What the hell is that?" he mumbled. He shifted his eyes from the sink to Xander's bedroom door. He was sure he heard Xander's voice whining.
He slowly walked to the room. He can heard the whines again, clearer. He thought maybe Xander was practicing his lines as a seducer. But his thought was wrong. He heard a hoarse voice from the bedroom.

"Hey boy.... What are you waiting for?" The hoarse voice was clear to Harry, hurting his ears. "Just rip it off."

Xander giggled. "I want you to do it..." he whined.

That stranger giggled too. Their laughter became one. Harry cannot stand it anymore. His ears about to bleed. He wanted to resolve their relationship. Then he twisted the door knob opening the door widely.

Harry's face was calm, showing no shocked emotion. Xander's eyes grew wide, he was naked save for a white button down shirt on his body. Harry can see his naked arse, he grimaced. The stranger's face was shocked. Both of their faces were pale as sheet. If Harry was not mistaken, that guy was a deejay on their local radio channel. What was his name? Rick? Nick? He was not sure.

"Well, well, well..." Harry grinned crossing his arms on his chest. "I'm sorry for disturbing your rehearsal. Maybe you guys just started warming up."

Xander stuttered. "Hi! Ermm... I don't expect you to emm... come."

Xander grabbed the blanket on the bed feet wrapping it around his lower half. He was trying hard masking his nervousness. His heart was beating hard. He was cursing himself for inviting Nick into his apartment that night. But that night was weekdays. Why must Harry comes? He usually comes on weekend.

"Well. Nick and I was not doing anything." Xander exclaimed.

"Not yet!" Harry cuts. "Maybe if I was not intruding you guys would have been in more romantic position, right?"

Nick jaws was hanging wide. He was just wearing a boxer when he approached Harry at the doorway.
"Look, I know you are angry. But let's take it professionally, okay." he said.

"Angry?" Harry laughed loudly. "No, I am not."

Harry was indeed relieved. Relieved because he was no longer lost in his own stupidity. Between Louis and Xander. God has shown him which one is a diamond and which one is a glass. Grateful! He can still fix his mistakes. Louis sad face appeared in his mind. His heart was clenching with guilt and affections.