Chapter 9 : Why now?

(Lou's OOTD ^^^)

Doncaster

"Lou, do you want an ice cream?" Liam asked him.

He looked at the ice cream van parked not far from where they sat. His mouth watered.

Without waiting for his answer, Liam jogged towards the van. There's quite a long line at the van's side.

It's a sunny evening with a soft breeze. A perfect day to spend time outside. He saw a couple of people sitting around the area like them and some people walked their dogs.

It's Friday, a few days after the Styles couple visits. After Louis agreed with the marriage, his father has called Mr. Styles and informed him the news. He thought he must have been very happy because his father has laughed in the phone conversations.

He doesn't know how to describe his feelings. Happy, sad or nervous. He has told his sisters about the marriage. They shocked at first, Lottie especially has giving a mixed response. Maybe she can sense his anxiety. But overall they seems happy for him.

That same night, Liam texted him. He told him he would come back to Doncaster to grab some of his things and his family will come with him to London for his graduation. And Liam wanted to meet him.

Louis felt that he should told Liam about the marriage. He doesn't know how will Liam react and he knew nothing will change but here they are, sitting on a long bench facing the dark green lake at a park near their apartment complex.

He looked at Liam walking towards him with an ice cream in each hand. Vanilla ice cream with a chocolate flake. Liam still remembered his favourites. He smiled.

"Why are you looking at me like that?" Liam asked while he gave him the ice cream, "Anything's weird?"

Louis giggled while he took the cone, "Thanks. So I'm not allowed to look at you now?

"Nahh," he shook his head, "But I'm still handsome as usual right?" He teased.

Louis snorted, "So funny!" He pushed his fluffy fringe aside.

"Don't you miss me? Liam asked him.

Louis kept quiet. Doesn't know what to say.

"When is the date for your convocation?" Louis changed the topic.

"This 30th. Because of your joke that day, I need to come back." Liam said.

"Ehh, what joke?" Louis licked the dripping cream.

Liam stilled. His brown eyes stared into Louis blue ones straight into his soul. There's a glint of sadness in his iris.

"About the marriage joke. You're just joking right?" Liam asked him.

Louis bowed his head. Looking at the hem of his skirt. His licking stopped. Arranging his words in his head.

"No... I was not." He said slowly, "And I will never joking about a serious matter like marriage."