Chapter 22 : No Control

TRIGGER WARNING : This chapter may contains sexual assault. Read at your own risk.

××××××

London

Harry was leaning back on his office chair, his eyes closed. His head was aching. Not because of work nor Xander, but because of Louis. "Ughh... why must I keep thinking of him? Why not Xander? Have I gone crazy?" he debated with himself.

Harry scratched his scalp. His curls have turned into a messy mane, touching his shoulder. Lately, his life has turned into a chaos. He always turned up late in the office. All because of Louis. Since the last two weeks, he was not knocking on his door, waking him up every morning anymore. No more breakfasts ready on the table for Harry. Lunch and dinner was out of questions. Louis did not even waited for him in the living room every night.

"Hey, I'm hungry," Harry exclaimed to Louis one night.

Louis stood up from the couch to walk to the kitchen. "There's some leftover from the lunch. Let me reheat it for you." he said.

"What is it?" Harry asked.

"Some mac and cheese." Louis replied.

Harry frowned. "What? Just mac and cheese? Usually Louis cooked more lavish lunch." he thought.

"I'm cancelling it. I've lost my appetite." He snapped before he walked to the stairs. He hide behind the wall to stalk Louis. Nothing happened. Louis just shrugged and continued his reading on the coach. Harry groaned internally.

Harry was furious. His pride was hurting. "He don't want to coax me?" his stomach was grumbling, hungry. "I'd rather sleep like this than take my words back."

Harry scratched his unshaven short beard. He grew restless. He hated his situation. Situation where Louis no longer paid attention to him. Didn't take care of his needs. His ego scratched. He was afraid of one thing, his heart had stolen by Louis. He was angry of himself. Hates that he built for Louis slowly melt. Lately, without Louis' soft voice, he can't fall asleep. Louis was not even talking to him anymore, his lips zipped tight. He barely answered Harry's questions.

"Why is my heart so weak?" he cursed himself. "What's so special about him?" Harry lifted his chin. He doesn't know. He knew Louis was pretty, damn beautiful. He knew deep in his heart, he was dying to touch Louis. His curvy body and his pretty face. He had to admit of how many times he's been ogling Louis plump arse when he walked past him. He's been controlling himself because of his pride. "But... It's not wrong right? I mean he's my husband." He was reasoning with himself.

Harry groaned frustrated again. He was actually scared. Scared of losing Louis. He was burning with unexpected jealousy when he saw Louis was laughing with Liam. He should have been the one who laughed with Louis. He started to have paranoid. "Were they really just best friends? Or more than that?" He need to hear the truth from Louis' mouth.

Harry jumped from his chair. He grabbed his briefcase and car keys before he snatched his coat from the hook. He was jogging out from the empty building to his car. He sped his Jaguar, wanted to arrive quickly. He was drafting questions for Louis in his mind. He wanted the truth from Louis. Even if Louis doesn't like him, he was still his husband. Louis was his. Louis needed to limit his interactions with the other men. When they have divorced, Louis is free to be with anyone he want. He won't care. Louis and Liam's faces appeared together in his mind. His heart was burning with jealousy. He was having a battle with his mind.

"You know what? You're a dick!"

"Why?"

"You don't even love Louis yet you want to control his life. Whoever Louis is going to be with is none of your business. Or... are you jealous?"