Chapter 6 : No way!

(Lou's OOTD ^^^)

Doncaster

A few days later

Louis was just dusting one of the book racks in the bookstore when Meredith called him, "Lou, come here let's have a lunch together. I brought your favourite pasta."

Louis looked at his wristwatch, it's already 1.05 p.m, their lunch break. He went to his bag to grab his packed lunchbox before he went to sit with Meredith on a small tool with a round table in front of it.

"It's quite chilly outside today, don't you think so?" He asked Meredith while opening his lunchbox.

"Yes, I nearly froze when I went out to the bank across the road this morning. Meredith replied.

They ate in silence when Meredith asked him, "Hey Lou, hows your father?

"Oh, he's getting better and he's going back to work next Monday." Louis answered while stealing one of Meredith sausages from his plastic container.

"That's nice--heyy stop stealing my food," Meredith swatted his hand playfully.

Louis just crossed his eyes playfully towards her before both of them erupting laughter. They were really close friend with each other even though Meredith is way older than him and his employer but they were just compatible together.

They finished their food in a comfortable silent before Louis thought about his conversation with his father a few days before. They were just lounging on the couch watching a movie about an alien or something like that. All of his sisters was in their room finishing their homework.

"Lou?" His father called.

"Hmm?" He hummed in response.

"We're having guests this Saturday, make sure to wear something nice and maybe you can prepare some refreshments? Your sisters won't be at home because they have some activities in school." Mark told him.

"Yeah, sure. Who is coming? Someone important? Louis asked.

"Mr. Des Styles and his wife. They want to come here to visit us." His father said without looking at him.

"Great." Louis hummed a respond doesn't want to ask further about their intention coming here all they way from London just to visit them like that is not an odd thing in the first place.

His thought train interrupted with Meredith finger pinched his right cheek. "Hey,, earth to Lou, what are you thinking about?

"Huh?" Louis blinked, "Meredith, do you know any killer cookies recipe that can make world a peaceful place again?" He asked Meredith bluntly leaving Meredith's mouth hanging open widely.

......................................................................

London