Walk

Why did people start to take long walks to clear their heads? What was the purpose? When was it ideal to take a walk? Where could you walk? All these questions never affected a certain girl as she was asked a question that would affect her friendship with her best friends...

It all started when I dated Freddie the first time. We were too different so we broke up. Then I started to miss him. When Carly moved to Italy, I didn't think I had anyone anymore so I got on my motorbike and rode away. I didn't want to say goodbye because everyone would talk me out of it. I always thought about those long walks I would take with Freddie...

---

"Thanks for the icecream!" I said, taking his hand.

"That's okay. Tomorrow I have an av club meeting... So could you maybe come to prove I have a girlfriend?"

"Being a dork's girlfriend is bad enough-"

"Please?" He interupted.

"Fine, but I'm only staying for five minutes!"

"Why only five minutes?"

"I made an agreement with myself that if I ever had to go to a dork meeting, it would only be for five min-"

"I get the idea..."

---

Walks out here in LA are really hard because it is always hot and it just erases memories of the old walks I had. Sometimes I miss the feeling of us in the Groovy Smoothie or the Cheesecake Warehouse or Pini's. It isn't the same as Bots or Inside Out Burger or Nozu. I've got lots more friends like Cat, Jade, Dice, and Goomer but it isn't the connection that the iCarly gang had together.

The other day, I got a message from Carly. She had come back from Italy and she is in Seattle. I haven't spoke to her that much. I speak to Freddie a lot more since the accident that happened with the tuna fish (long story) and our date when he got better. Carly knew I had gone to LA but she thought I would be back by now. Freddie told her I was staying here but she still wanted me home. We could do iCarly like old times but it wasn't at all like old times after everything that has happened.

Then, I got to the situation where it was either stay in LA with Cat or move back to Seattle to see Carly and Freddie. I would miss Cat dearly! But, Carly had been in Italy for a year and a half! I already missed Freddie so I would be happy to see him. I thought I just had to take a walk to clear my head before making this decision...

---

"Seattle has iCarly but LA has Sam and Cat's Rocking Fun Time Babysitting Service." I thought to myself aloud.

A loud ringing sound echoed.

It was an anonymous number...

"Hello?" I said shakily.

"Hello. Is this Samantha Puckett?"

"Yes, who is this?"

"Seattle Medical Center. Unfortunately your mother had an accident last night-"

"What?" My eyes filled with tears and my cheeks flushed red.

"We got to her quickly but it was too late. She passed away in the ambulance..."

"No no. This couldn't have happened."

---

That night, I returned to the apartment crying. Cat was at Jade's house so I had the apartment all to myself. The next day, I got a knock at the door. I opened it to see a very familiar face...

---

"Hi, Princess Puckett..."

"F-Freddie?" I jumped into his arms, still crying.

"I heard what happened. You're okay, I'm here now..." He said, wiping my tears away with his thumb.

"So you travelled a thousand miles to see me?"

"I missed you, okay?"

I went silent at those few words.

"I missed you too..." I could feel my tears absorbing into my skin.

---

I still didn't decide whether I should go back to Seattle or stay in LA. But that day, Freddie took me on a long walk and bought me a tub of chicken.

Maybe I will never know, but for now I'm in LA. I have my motorbike to visit Seattle and me and Freddie are doing the long distance relationship thing. Carls will be happy with my decision either way. And, Cat is happy because we are still doing our babysitting service.

Maybe a long walk does give you space to think...