The Connection

Okay this chapter is quick and dirty!
(Not literally, just didn't edit cause it's bedtime lol)

Leave me comments please!

The few weeks that had progressed since I woke up in Thaddeus' arms were like a dream.
We spent so much time together, every day I slept in his arms. When he had to leave, Elizabeth would keep me company. She had quite overstated her initial welcome, but I was so happy.

Mary had left weeks ago. Thaddeus said that all she had told him was she needed a "new life" after Nathaniel. His death had hit her hard, as I'm sure it did after centuries together. I wished I could see her again, I miss her so.

We moved to the summer home, although it was nearing the end of summer. Days grew shorter and my nights with Thaddeus were so much sweeter as I got more time.

I could feel my body slowly changing. A baby. It still wasn't real for me. My belly hasn't began to grow yet, though the physician said it may take a couple of months before I looked to be fully with child. My breasts felt more full, but no change that I could see. Food was increasingly difficult. It seemed that I could barely stomach anything that had been brought to me. The poor kitchen spent hours cooking different imported foods and my body had decided that Apple pastries and coffee were sufficient for me to survive. Everything else came back up in a near instant.

Thaddeus had agreed to keep a physician inside of the castle at all times. I had to convince him one was enough. If he had had it his way, he would have had every single physician, midwife and apothecary move to his summer York home.

"What about that woman, from before?" I said as he laced back and forth through the room.

This room was nearly twice the size of his previous chamber. The bed was the same, and there were various trunks here for storage for the dozens of new dresses, skirts, and bodices he had ordered for my new wardrobe.

"Adisa?" He said quietly as he furrowed his brow.

Adisa. I could still hear her voice inside of m head, telling me I was safe. That this baby inside of me made me safe. I wanted to talk to her, and find out what she knew about me and my baby.

"Yes. She helped before, perhaps she can help me find something to eat?" I giggled and tried to lighten the mood. My face had gotten thin and I knew I was losing weight from my body. Thaddeus was horrible at hiding his worry for me.

"Ayla... she isn't a physician." Thaddeus said matter-of-factly.

"I know."

"She... she can't just come here." He sat on the bed and sighed.

"Why not?" I mused.

"Adisa and I have a history and it is... complicated." His voice trailed and I knew I was getting somewhere with him.

"Tell me."

"No." His tone was stern.

"Thaddeus, tell me." I wasn't budging.

"Ayla, no."

"Thaddeus..." I whined and walked up to him, placing his hands on my belly.

"I know that this baby is special. And she knows more than both of us. I have questions... please. I just need to eat." I gave him a pout. He sighed even louder and I almost counted the win in my head.

"I'll send for her. If she comes, she can tell you. It's her story to tell." He said gently. His palm caressed my lower belly through my loose fitting bodice and closed his eyes. He leaned forward and placed a gentle kiss near my belly bottom and a shiver ran down my spine