Read (i) ~ (xDelirious)

Age : 13 - 36
Warning:

Request For:

(Y/N'S POV)

"Y/n, can you read what's on the board for us?" I tried to, I really did, but I can't. "N-no," I stuttered lowering my head in shame. "Just try it Y/n, please?" I looked over to Grace (Apologies if that's your name) as she laughed. "S/he can't read at all Mr. Denis, s/he's an idiot!" The class bickered as I stared at my hands in tears.

"Grace, we don't tolerate this behavior here, meet me after class." The class abrupted into "ooos" as Mr. Denis stared at me. "Now Ms/Mr. L/n, what does the board say?" I stared at the board once again seeing the letters moving while being arranged in a weird pattern.

E I E
Z B H
L A T
       N T
R F A
A O
R C T
H
M E

"U-uh, can I go to the bathroom?" I said hoping to leave from my embarrassment. He sighed in disappointment looking at me. "Fine Y/n, but please hurry." I nodded getting up from my seat as I rushed the the bathroom stall, the safest place.

Nobody understands me, nobody can. They probably think I'm stupid, everyone can read and I can't, I'm just stupid. How can a seventh grader not even read? I've been to four schools already and I'm probably not going to even last this week. A tear slipped down my face, why can't I just be normal?

I couldn't stay in here forever, I just have to deal with it until I'm finally home, safe with my mom, Anthony and my Step Dad, if I met my real dad. Mom says he was cruel and evil, I hate him. I opened the stall walking out into the open hallways while observing the numbers that moved on the chalk board.

I slowly knocked on the class door as Fran opened the door for me. "Hi...Y/n.." She muttered as she let me in, Fran wasn't a very social person, she didn't even really talk to anyone but her puppet Bree.

I sat back at my desk feeling eyes staring at me as I only frowned. "Anyways class, please read Page 72 through Page 90 for homework, we will discuss the book!" I sighed in annoyance as the bell rang, so much for going to class.

Grabbing my items I felt a tap on my shoulder as I spun around and seen Mr. Denis. "Hey Y/n, can I talk to you?" I nodded walking toward his desk with him while Grace sat in her seat in annoyance. "Mr. Denis can I go please, I just want to go home!" She screamed at him while making hand signs.

"Grace Vinson, we don't tolerate that behavior here nor do we ever make fun of a fellow classmate, has your parents taught you manners?" She stayed quiet it fear feeling guilty and scared, "How about I call your parents about the detention you'll be getting?"

She opened her mouth wide as I stood there, she deserved it, but I feel bad for her as well. "B-B-," "Grace, this isn't the first time you know, I have gave you warnings." She began to cry and throw a fit until Mr. Denis escorted her outside.

"Now, Ms/Mr. L/n," I gulped staring at his blue eyes while shaking. "I've gotten your essay from last week," I'm screwed, I didn't even write an essay, I scribbled most of it.

"W-what's wrong with it?" I stuttered as he pulled it out as it had been labeled 'A' for a grade. "Y/n, I know you're a talented girl/boy, but tell me, can you write at all?" I couldn't tell if I should have been offended or not, after all I am just dumb.

"Y-yes, it's just boring.." I lied thinking about the movie Anthony told me he wanted to see earlier today. "Y/n, I can tell something is wrong, when you see words, what do they look like?"

Why would he want me to describe what words look like? They look like words. "They're scattered around everywhere and sometimes they even move," I said looking at him, "Why?" "Y/n, do you know what Dyslexia is?"

I paused, what is dyslexia? "No, doesn't everyone see the words moving?" "Only if they're high.." He muttered as he pulled out a f/c paper. He used a marker to write down something on it as he pulled me close.

"Ok, Y/n what does that say?" I stared down at the paper, "Elizabeth ran from cat." I said looking at the words, "You're improving, maybe a little tweaking but I'll help you." I smiled, Mr. Denis is always so nice.

"I hope you know I care about you Y/n." He said reassuring me, "Thank you Mr. Denis, I must be going, have a great weekend!" I hugged him as I grabbed my stuff and left class.

(3RD POV)

He smiled as he spun his chair to the frame picture on his desk. Looking at it he smiled, his daughter/son who looked like you with their h/l h/c hair and e/c eyes.

If only Y/n knew Mr.Denis was her real father.