Shoelaces ~ (Mini)

Age: 6 - 34
Warning:

Request For:

(3RD + 2ND POV)

  You were fumbling with your shoe laces in the kitchen. Each of your hands were tightly pulling the white shoe laces. That was the only part you remembered whenever someone started to tie them for you. You've pretty much tried everything but nothing seemed to work. You gave a frown and a pout. Passing by, Alana saw your struggles and gave a small grin, seeing how adorable your little pouts looked. "Y/n? Would you like some help?"

  You gave her a frown and shook your head. Determined to get this shoe lace tying business done on your own. No helping! She giggled and walked away, you were close to tears now. You were so angry that you felt like throwing your shoes out of the window!

(3RD POV)

   Craig came back from his job with the boys. After Brock parked the van, he got out and started heading towards the base when a pair of small f/c shoes were hurled out of the window, narrowly missing him.  "What the.." Picking the shoes up, he realized that they came out of the kitchen.

   Stepping inside the kitchen, Craig found Y/n planking in the middle of the room frustrated out of her wits; he had to choke down a laugh as he saw you just lying there face down, quietly throwing a tantrum. "Y/n-Is something bothering you?" She gave a whine and shook her head, as she continued to lie there. He gave a grin and walked towards her.  "Picked these beauties up. Wouldn't mom be upset to find them outside? She bought these for ya, remember?" She slowly lifted her head, her eyes a bit watery.

She let out another whine, she didn't want to upset mommy, but those shoe laces were just so - so! "Is it the shoelaces again Y/n?" She gave a nod and Craig chuckled, sitting right next to her, with her shoes in his hands. "Y/n, we've told you, it's okay to get things wrong. There's no shame in trying again." She gave a sniffle as she got up angrily. "But-But you guys always get stuff right! A-and I'm still the only one who can't t-tie shoelaces!! And I'm already 6!"

  "Y/n, of course we know how to do this. We've been tying shoelaces for years longer than you've been around." "Really?!" She exclaimed being surprised. "Of course! How old did you think we were?"  ... "10?"  

"...."  

  There was a short pause as both looked at each other confused. Slowly scratching his head, Craig set the shoes down in front of him. "Uh-, right. I've got a lot to teach you. Why don't we start with these first?" Setting her on his lap, he brought a shoe in front of the both of them.  "Alright, just look at what I do." He slowly picked up the laces and slowly moved them. "See? First tie it together like this, and then put these here, and we got our shoe laced!" He handed her the perfectly tied shoe, as she examined the little ribbon he made. He made it look so simple..

  Craig gave a warm smile and picked up her other shoe. "We can do this one together, alright?" She smiled and nodded as she picked the shoe up.  "Alright, now just like I did before," He guided her hands and helped her with the shoe laces. He instructed he slowly and calmly. Soon enough, "There you go! You did it Y/n!" In her hand, there was a shoe with laces perfectly tied! "Whoa!" Her eyes sparkled as she gazed at it fondly, marveling at her own hard work.

"Think you can do it on your own now?" She gave a little shrug. Giving a reassuring smile, he tweaked her nose.  "Don't worry sweetheart, you can do it!" He slowly took the shoe out of her hands. "Here, try doing it on your own this time." Craig handed her back the shoe untied, and she slowly took it from him and tried to repeat the steps. It took a bit more time but-"Good job, you did it Y/n! Why don't you show the others?" He beamed at her proudly, while suggesting to show it to the others. She started running out of the room, holding up her shoes to show everyone her proud work.

"MOMMY I LEARNED HOW TO TIE MY SHOESSSSS!!!!!!"