Small Bump ~ (xBasically)

Age: 28
Warning: Angst

Request For:

(MARCEL'S POV)

I let out a shaky cry as I heard my wife's sobs from the locked bedroom.

You're just a small bump unborn, in four months you're brought to life

She hasn't left it, she didn't come out, all she did was cry and asked "why?"

You might be left with my hair, but you'll have your mother's eyes

I remember Y/n laying on the hospital bed, knowing that the pain was tearing her apart but she didn't want to talk about it at all as she let out sobs.

I'll hold your body in my hands, be as gentle as I can

"I'm sorry, Mr. and Mrs. Cunningham, your baby is gone." She cried in my arms out I let out a shaky breath.

But for now you're scan of my unmade plans,
A small bump in four months you're brought to life

"We've tried so many times.." She whispered on the other side sniffling. "I know Y-Y/n, w-we.."

I'll whisper quietly, I'll give you nothing but truth

"W-we just have to move o-n Y-Y/n.." I cried sitting on the floor.

If you're not inside me, I'll put my future in you

"Remember what we were going to name her/him, don't you Marcel?" She whispered so softly it was barely heard.

You are my one and only
You can wrap your fingers round my thumb
and hold me tight

"G/n or D/n, of course I remember Y/n.." "Remember when we were so excited we told the others the day we found out and went straight to buying clothes?" She sadly laughed remembering how happy everyone was.

Oh, you are my one and only
You can wrap your fingers round my thumb and hold me tight
And you'll be alright

"Why Marcel? Why was our child chosen to not live a happy life?" A Sudden pause stopped me was saying anything except asking the same question, why?

Oh, you're just a small bump unknown, you'll grow into your skin

"I don't know Y/n, w-we have to stay strong." The world turned into a blur, and so did all sounds. The taste, the smell - everything was just gone. I tried so hard to hold back my feelings but I couldn't as strayed tears escaped my eyes..

With a smile like hers and a dimple beneath your chin

The man ran from the room and collapsed in the waiting area came the most hysterical crying, the screaming sobs only interrupted by the person's need to draw breath. Such pain and news changes a person, even just temporarily. Their own pains come a little closer to the surface; their empathy is triggered. All the staff could do was to calm the crying man who just lost his baby from a miscarriage.

Finger nails the size of a half grain of rice
And eyelids closed to be soon opened wide
A small bump, in four months you'll open your eyes

"Four months Marcel, we were so close." I sighed leaning my head against the door. Marcel cried as if his brain was being shredded from the inside. Emotional pain flowed out of his every pore. From his mouth came a cry from so raw that even the eyes of the strangers around us were suddenly wet with tears. He grabbed onto a chair so that his violent shaking would not cause him to fall and from his eyes came a thicker flow of tears than he had cried for even his own mother the previous year.

And I'll hold you tightly, I'll tell you nothing but truth

He expected to bury our parents one day, but never his child. The nurse was talking to him for all the good it did. The whole world had vanished for him, now there was only pain enough to break him, pain enough to change him beyond recognition.

If you're not inside me, I'll put my future in you

He's loosing his mind...again. He can feel it unraveling, the threads of every happy memory he had when Y/n found out she was pregnant to when the small bump began to form as they cried tears of joy.

You are my one and only
You can wrap your fingers round my thumb and hold me tight

Tears of joy fell from his face as he picked up his little girl/boy in one hand while they wrapped there chubby fingers around his thump sleeping. "S/he's beautiful.."

Oh, you are my one and only
You can wrap your fingers round my thumb and hold me tight
And you'll be alright

Holding her/him tighter Marcel realized it wouldn't happen as the baby faded away from his arms like dust. He couldn't protect his wife or the baby.

And you can lie with me
With your tiny feet
When you're half asleep

Marcel and his wife walked over to the baby they raised in Y/n's stomach realizing it was a girl/boy. Sobbing uncontrollably while looking at the infant that could've had a better life than this.

I'll leave you be
Right in front of me
For a couple weeks
So I can keep you safe

Marcel left Y/n alone for weeks hearing her sobs coming from her room. Leaving the house to drink his sorrows wasn't the best option for the married man but he felt guilty he couldn't save his own daughter/son.

'Cause you are my one and only
You can wrap your fingers round my thumb and hold me tight

He cried thinking about it all, how hard they tried for a baby, how Y/n always dreamed of having kids with Marcel, but after one miscarriage, should they?

You are my one and only
You can wrap your fingers round my thumb and hold me tight
And you'll be alright

She whimpered against Marcel's chest as they both huddled close for emotional support.

'Cause you were just a small bump unborn for four months then torn from life
Maybe you were needed up there but we're still unaware as why.