part one.

̶ ̶  part one. TEACH ME YOUNG LOVE.

i don't know what love feels like in a world like this but i hope it's not like the movies portray with a man's hands full of roses and a loose smile at her front door.

i look at the stars on nights like this and wish on every twinkling light the passion we have will burn so bright it turns to a waterfall only so beautiful for our admiration. i pray that the cities glowing within us won't collide into a war, but help each other grow with dark alley ways covered in scars from childhood and skyscrapers built on our rib cages leaning against one another for support. i want our kids to look at us with hope that one day they have a chance to feel something like this. to find a home in the arms of someone whose heartbeat is their favorite song. to feel so fucking happy that the warm tears falling from their chins feel calming instead of fearful.

you make the future no longer as frightening as it once was. the water i dip my toes into is no longer cold. my hands no longer shake when i cry, but instead search for your embrace like a hidden word within a crossword puzzle.

i want a love that fears others, that allows us to conquer the world under our feet with one kiss. i want our morning laughter to leave earthquakes and our pleasurable lullabies we sing at night to make God weep above the clouds.

i'm scared of my first love after hearing so many horror stories of others pasts, but i look at you and my heart doesn't bellow out in warning.

it closes its eyes and sways as you serenade it to sleep.