Wonderwall {26}

((It's Niall's bday!!! He is now 24!!!! That's crazy -just how fast the night changes-!!! So happy Birthday to him!! 🎉🎂❤️))

(time skip. You will see how long once you start to read.)

Louis PoV.

It's been 1 month since the accident. I've convinced Liam and Harry to spend the night at home, and they come back here during the day, unless I convince them to spend the day, out. Luckily today is one of those days.

I've been spending my whole time here, except for the occasional day when I need to go out, which is rare.

I've basically become friends with the hospital staff. Well, the front lady, and Niall's doctor. I already know his nurse. Her name is Eleanor. We went to highschool together. She tried hitting on me when she was first assigned as Niall's nurse. We used to date, but it didn't work out.

I politely declined, and told her about Niall and I. She was very understanding. It's nice to have her as Niall's nurse.

"Hey Louis." I look up and see Eleanor walk through the door.

"Hi Elle." I say quietly, turning back to Niall. I noticed she had a clipboard, so I ask, "How is he?"

Eleanor cheeks the machines hooked up to Niall, records whatever it is she was looking for, then she speaks.

"Well." Elle smiles as she reads over some papers clipped on her clipboard.

"His lung is completely healed, so is his broken rib. Well, his now healed rib." she chuckles lightly before finishing her update.

"His cuts are healed on his forehead from the crash, and the surgery. His spine has healed nicely. Just a week more maybe, and it will be at 100%. He should and will be able to walk. And......." She drawls out the 'a' as she finishes reading her last paper.

"His wound from his emergency C-section is healed. so that means, we will be taking out all of stitches. But.... he isn't responsive. We have no way of knowing if or when he will wake up." I nod stiffly when Elle finishes speaking.

"Thank you." I mumble.

"Anytime Louis. I'll keep you updated if anything changes." with that Eleanor  walks out of the room.

I remember reading a buzzfeed article awhile ago, saying that some Coma patients can hear. So without another thought I start to sing Wonderwall by Oasis. This song has been dancing around my head for awhile.

"Today is gonna be the day
That they're gonna throw it back to you
By now you should've somehow
Realized what you gotta do
I don't believe that anybody
Feels the way I do, about you now"

"Backbeat, the word was on the street
That the fire in your heart is out
I'm sure you've heard it all before
But you never really had a doubt"

"I don't believe that anybody
Feels the way I do about you now"

I think of the time I found Niall singing this song. The way he played the guitar, strumming each note with his delicate fingers.

"And all the roads we have to walk are winding
And all the lights that lead us there are blinding
There are many things that I
Would like to say to you but I don't know how"

"Because maybe, you're gonna be the one that saved me
And after all, you're my wonderwall"

I change the lyrics slightly, from saves, to saved, because Niall risked himself to save me.